NAD: MESA/Boogie Mark VII

Totally!!!!
Like, keep the not so killer modes out and just make it all IIB,IIC & IV!!
This is basically where I’m at. When I’m throwing down $$$$ for a Mark, I’m looking for legendary Mark tones, and hoping I can get more than one of those tones simultaneously.

If I can’t do that, have we REALLY moved much beyond the limitations of the old shared knob design of the II/III amps?

Mesa needs to refocus on the problem they were trying to solve by iterating on this series. It shouldn’t be the kitchen sink that it’s become.

I think the "Mode" problem is an engineering one, and not because Mesa has never wanted to. :idk

Be nigh unto impossible to put all 3 modes from Channel 3 on 3 different channels,
because the different channels are about gain-staging while the Modes are about the
tonestack. All the Modes on Channel 3 share the max gain-staging/stacking.

I've personally never had a beef about the modes not being footswithcable, because
I don't need 3 flavors of high gain accessible with a FS.

I think the "Mode" problem is an engineering one, and not because Mesa has never wanted to. :idk

Be nigh unto impossible to put all 3 modes from Channel 3 on 3 different channels,
because the different channels are about gain-staging while the Modes are about the

I've personally never had a beef about the modes not being footswithcable, because
Why can’t every switch and mode just know the sound I want when I press the button and make it happen. It’s 2024. If we can have flying cars we can have that.

It's just a nice dream to have really. I did posit to my friend today when we were coming back after picking up the Mark V, that it'd be cool to have 2 of them, each channel using one of two favourite modes... and use my GigRig G3 to switch between them and change channels!

Could do that with my Recto as well I suppose!

It's just a nice dream to have really. I did posit to my friend today when we were coming back after picking up the Mark V, that it'd be cool to have 2 of them, each channel using one of two favourite modes... and use my GigRig G3 to switch between them and change channels!

Could do that with my Recto as well I suppose!
Good lord you can run a Mark and Recto in stereo. If you survive it probably sounds awesome.

I’ve yet to sit down and do this with my revision G and Mark III. Like a dummy.

Back