TGF Do Something Challenge Season 7 Week 2

#hot-noodle

Did some improvish thing...please don't mind the sloppy playing. I literally just picked it up, powered it on....tuned ...and this. You can actually hear me thinking in some parts.

New HILS headless.....my stereo rig ....on a phone cam...... apologies.

@ᛗᛜᛜᚺDᛜᎶ Ꮤᛨᚳᚴ !I did a thing!

I imagine @the swede and this is my soundtrack....sorry bud.

Last edited:
#original-song

I obviously have too much time on my hands haha. I was actually messing around with my Engl Fireball 100 and used that drum track I posted a few days ago, luckily it didn't need too much editing.

Here is the audio, which is obviously better than the crappy Youtube video.

That's bad ass, man! Love it! Super cool. And the production is top notch!

Thanks, sir!

I'm enjoying the randomcore you're firing off with! Reminds me of Season 1 :guiness

#hot-noodle

Did some improvish thing...please don't mind the sloppy playing. I literally just picked it up, powered it on....tuned ...and this. You can actually hear me thinking in some parts.

New HILS headless.....my stereo rig ....on a phone cam...... apologies.

@ᛗᛜᛜᚺDᛜᎶ Ꮤᛨᚳᚴ !I did a thing!

I imagine @the swede and this is my soundtrack....sorry bud.

V Cool! Thanks for getting involved (other than squirting emoji's on everyone else's grooves) ;~))

For the first minute, I am shaking my head going "cool, but NOT what I expected"! Then you start rockin' it, bangin' my head and I'm like "now that is more what I was thinking I was going to hear", and then at the ~3 minute mark I'm like "he must have had to go to the bathroom, cuz that first minute guy is back" ;~))

All kidding aside, cool stuff and I really like the variation of moving from the ambient to the rockin'. And the recording level sounds fine for what we are doing here, so keep it up and bring the noise! Easy enough - am I right or am I right!!!

#original-song

I obviously have too much time on my hands haha. I was actually messing around with my Engl Fireball 100 and used that drum track I posted a few days ago, luckily it didn't need too much editing.

Here is the audio, which is obviously better than the crappy Youtube video.

That's bad ass, man! Love it! Super cool. And the production is top notch!

Nice! Great job on taking that drum track and adding the other parts!! Wondering (and that is all I am doing, curious on your thoughts) if it is fair for you to have two entries for this. The drum entry is just part of this new entry with minor mods, so I am inclined to think that this should be just one entry. This is NOT some rule or something, just thinking out loud. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the participation ;~))

#original-song

found some time this week (by fucking off my home responsibilities). Don't expect this too often from me :hmm

Awesome that you know how to shirk your responsibilities from time to time! Great stuff as usual ;~)) Are we going to hear one from the "band" or is the new school season interfering with the tour/recording schedule ;~))

V Cool! Thanks for getting involved (other than squirting emoji's on everyone else's grooves) ;~))

For the first minute, I am shaking my head going "cool, but NOT what I expected"! Then you start rockin' it, bangin' my head and I'm like "now that is more what I was thinking I was going to hear", and then at the ~3 minute mark I'm like "he must have had to go to the bathroom, cuz that first minute guy is back" ;~))

All kidding aside, cool stuff and I really like the variation of moving from the ambient to the rockin'. And the recording level sounds fine for what we are doing here, so keep it up and bring the noise! Easy enough - am I right or am I right!!!
Thanks @ᛗᛜᛜᚺDᛜᎶ Ꮤᛨᚳᚴ

Just trying to get on the board. I am looking at getting a cheaper zoom recorder to make things less 2008, and more 2016.....😜

Maybe I'll keep working on it and submit it for an original song later.....🤷🏻‍♂️

It was just an experiment and it worked...looks like sound cloud and YouTube it is.....thanks for listening anyways. I normally sound more together....but it could have been worse. Didn't capture my crunch heaviness as well as I'd liked....but it was just to show quiet and loud....and quiet loud. Also, quiet quiet.

new school season
200.gif

I bet I could take some field recordings of my youngest raging in the morning. Would make for some great gutteral vocals

Nice! Great job on taking that drum track and adding the other parts!! Wondering (and that is all I am doing, curious on your thoughts) if it is fair for you to have two entries for this. The drum entry is just part of this new entry with minor mods, so I am inclined to think that this should be just one entry. This is NOT some rule or something, just thinking out loud. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the participation ;~))

I’d be happy to just have the original song in the running!

I actually worked a lot more on the song this morning, and need to take down the original entry because it looks bad on my YouTube channel? Basically, I quantised the drums this time around and removed some of the unnecessary EQing I had in the video. Sounds a lot better.

I’m loathe to violate the rules, but there’s no point having two videos of the same thing on my YouTube channel. How do I go about it?

I’d be happy to just have the original song in the running!

I actually worked a lot more on the song this morning, and need to take down the original entry because it looks bad on my YouTube channel? Basically, I quantised the drums this time around and removed some of the unnecessary EQing I had in the video. Sounds a lot better.

I’m loathe to violate the rules, but there’s no point having two videos of the same thing on my YouTube channel. How do I go about it?
Like I said, not really a rule or something, just want to work through this as best we can. I would say, just take the tag out of all but one post for this entry. So if you want to leave the tag in the final post you put up for this track, then delete the tags (#hot-noodle and #original-song) in those other posts. Long and short is, just use a tag on one of the posts for this track. To edit a post, click the "Edit" in the lower left. You can also delete the older posts (lower left as well right next to "Edit") if you want but that is not necessary ;~)) Let me know if you have any other questions about it or thoughts!

Like I said, not really a rule or something, just want to work through this as best we can. I would say, just take the tag out of all but one post for this entry. So if you want to leave the tag in the final post you put up for this track, then delete the tags (#hot-noodle and #original-song) in those other posts. Long and short is, just use a tag on one of the posts for this track. To edit a post, click the "Edit" in the lower left. You can also delete the older posts (lower left as well right next to "Edit") if you want but that is not necessary ;~)) Let me know if you have any other questions about it or thoughts!

Thanks, I deleted the post and removed the hot noodle tag from the drum video.

#cover-song

Van Halen - Everybody Wants Some! (with Dave-isms).

I did all guitars, and added many "Dave-isms" (which I scrounged from other VH tunes) to the track.

The funny thing is, it didn't matter which "Dave-ism" I used, they worked anywhere! :rofl

Backing tracks:

Bonus:

Last edited:
#cover-song

What's with this place? Practically dead with the contributors except for a small, select few...

Van Halen - Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dave :cool:

Did guitars... sorry, no flanger.

Backing tracks are Guitar Hero ISOs

Thanks for your participation LLL! I literally joined The Gear Forum because of this "Challenge" and have been playing along since Season 1 '23 ;~)) There are of course many reasons why others are not participating (I wish I was more active but am not for a number of reasons) but I am doing what I can to promote this with other forum friends and have brought a few over but they have yet to participate in the challenge. I will keep on keepin' on and hope others join in! And I Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dave (Dave's not here) ;~)) This challenge runs through Nov 2, so I am sure there will not be another DSC Season start up until mid January or so. Hopefully some of the past and other new participants (@nightlight is of course the Rookie of the Season so far) will kick in this season for weeks 3-6 ;~))

Back