Amp gassing

Piggy-backing on this, if part of the purchase motivation is "this thing is going to keep getting more valuable" -- is the plan to keep the combo cabinet after rehoming the chassis in a headshell? I would think the value proposition would only be present if in either the OG combo cab, or if the headshell is an actual Mesa/Boogie unit? Though at $1400 maybe all that thinking is out the window given what I'm seeing for head prices currently.

Not necessarily motivation as much as a potential cherry on top. My post history definitely shows a heavy interest in owning another mark :LOL:

That said, if I did a conversion I would hang onto the original housing

for a couple hundred more you could get a new PRS MT100, ive liked what ive heard from that thing
I wonder about this one. Price is comparatively reasonable and it certainly has the variety needed. Might be cool to snag a used one at some point if nothing else.

The tricky thing about the IV is balancing R1 and R2. It’s tough to find a sweet spot and you end up compromising one of the two. I always struggled a bit with R2

But if you’re just looking for clean and mean that shouldn’t be a problem (I was mostly using mine for country gigs)

Mark IV predates those newfangled modes so sidesteps the potential issues entirely :cop

If the loop levels change with channel that might present an issue with my looper. I'm hoping maybe be an older loop and no modes might avoid that situation. I might contact mesa and ask, I know I ran into that with my roadster (although only on modern mode) and when I asked mesa about it they also confirmed the Mark VII behaved like that as well

I’m still leaning the heaviest towards it. It’s super clean looking and while $1450 isn’t unheard of it’s definitely getting rare I see them at this price

View attachment 19169

I am all about wise investment of amp funds and resources. :idk If I don't like it can it be sold easily? Can I get
my money out of it? Will it go up in value? Is it a killer fucking amp?

Looks like the MKIV is a heavy yes on all of those. :beer

The tricky thing about the IV is balancing R1 and R2. It’s tough to find a sweet spot and you end up compromising one of the two. I always struggled a bit with R2

But if you’re just looking for clean and mean that shouldn’t be a problem (I was mostly using mine for country gigs)

Yup. The III and IV blow hard and heavy on that front. That's where the V takes the icing on the cake
and puts a cherry on top. But I talk enough about my love for that amp as it is. :LOL:

$1450, though? I could live with it. Heck, the dude might even go lower than $1450, too. Who knows?

I never paid much mind to R2 when I had the III... man I loved that amp. Miss it a great deal. Obviously as @la szum reminds us often, my V was a dream boat too :LOL:

I think IV is probably the move at that price, always wanted to get my hands on one. I was planning on waiting til my tax return landed to make a move on anything (presumably in the next week or two) but maybe I should just move now and replenish the coughers later lol

I'm also an indecisive bitch tho, so I may keep sleeping on it

And amp location:

8h4n70.jpg

I never paid much mind to R2 when I had the III... man I loved that amp. Miss it a great deal. Obviously as @la szum reminds us often, my V was a dream boat too :LOL:

I think IV is probably the move at that price, always wanted to get my hands on one. I was planning on waiting til my tax return landed to make a move on anything (presumably in the next week or two) but maybe I should just move now and replenish the coughers later lol

I'm also an indecisive bitch tho, so I may keep sleeping on it

Now is not the time for doubts and second-guesses. :lo

as much of a PRS Wh*re I've become, for some reason nothing about the MT100 has really jumped out at me :idk

Same here. I was kind of jazzed for the 100, but the demos didn’t knock my socks off and you haven’t really heard much about it since.

I think some of the love for the MT15 is how much of a fire breather it is for its price and size etc. I think some of that appeal gets burried in the 2k tier where there are a lot of other well regarded options.

Oh man! Do it. Do it now! :LOL:

It's different enough from what you have. You also know you dig the model of it in the Fractal. :idk

It has the two different channels that can be clean or dirty. Yes, not modern sounding or super gainy,
but those clean, EOB, and vintage drive tones are to die for. :love

I'd snag it for that in a second.

Oh man! Do it. Do it now! :LOL:

It's different enough from what you have. You also know you dig the model of it in the Fractal. :idk

It has the two different channels that can be clean or dirty. Yes, not modern sounding or super gainy,
but those clean, EOB, and vintage drive tones are to die for. :love

I'd snag it for that in a second.

See.. good thing I was still sleeping on the Mark IV (still available) :p

I’m still even more torn now tho…
There’s a major dirth of good amps for good prices locally. All scratching various itches and lusts that I have :LOL:

I have a mild suspicion that this might be the same one that was listed with cab for $800 a while back that I mentioned (I wanna say seller said $600 for amp alone?) and now that dude is selling it for the same price and keeping the cab :LOL:

The tricky thing about the Mark IV is giving a damn about R2 at all IMO. I feel the same way about my Mark III. R1 and the Lead channel are where it’s at for these amps.

I have a mild suspicion that this might be the same one that was listed with cab for $800 a while back that I mentioned (I wanna say seller said $600 for amp alone?) and now that dude is selling it for the same price and keeping the cab :LOL:

I sold mine to a dude on the Front Range, too. Ya never know. :idk

I loved the Mark IVA I had. It’s the one of the few amps I don’t have anymore I legit miss. More than either III or V that I had. Those were great amps but the IV was the perfect Mark amp. And I gave zero fucks about R2.

Back