NAD: MESA/Boogie Mark VII

Been loving light gain tones on edge mode on channel 2 on the V and just completely reworked my RHY2 settings on the 4 recently so that it’s almost a clone of the clean channel but just a little bit of dirt :chef

This is so fun about the Mark series, that you can totally rework how you're using the channels and come at your sounds in different, yet equally-great sounding ways. I just spent a few days getting my crunch from IIB (very Dyne-like, as mentioned ^), and am now back to using it for pushed-clean/twangy growl and getting crunch from Crunch mode.

(And, funny enough, I'm so in love with VII for lead/semi-high gain, I've still yet to try IV or IIC mode, haha.)

Thanks! :beer

Really enjoying it and think it's "the Mark for me". :love

III Blue Stripe Simulclass.... nice, @Dale B! Do you have a pic?

I don't think I have one here. I will snap one when I head back to Texas in a few days. I have a place here in Louisiana and a place in Texas near my kids. I'm back and forth a lot when I'm not in the Gulf of Mexico dodging hurricanes (this time of year).

I have the MK VII about a year now. Favorite Mesa Boogie I ever owned. The easiest to dial in. I found the Graphic EQ wasn’t necessary in order to dial it in. Awesome amp.

1729457119505.jpeg

Last edited:
This is absolutely understandable. I have no idea why Crunch and Fat are on there twice, but all the best modes (IIB, IIC, and IV) are all on the same channel. Many of us had the same complaint about the Mark V as well.
Totally!!!!
Like, keep the not so killer modes out and just make it all IIB,IIC & IV.
And no MIDI so you can’t get around that.

Back