Amp gassing

Also if you don’t do the Mrak you can do worse than a Blackmore or Powerball. My issue with the Powerball 1 was just that the amp felt a little under powered compared to other 100 watt amps. That being said, it still sounded amazing and channel 2 had one of the best hot rodded Marshall tones I had heard up to that point. Channel 3 has more than enough gain for anything you would need and 4 is almost overkill.

I loved the Mark IVA I had. It’s the one of the few amps I don’t have anymore I legit miss. More than either III or V that I had. Those were great amps but the IV was the perfect Mark amp. And I gave zero fucks about R2.

Did you have a combo or a head?

Also if you don’t do the Mrak you can do worse than a Blackmore or Powerball. My issue with the Powerball 1 was just that the amp felt a little under powered compared to other 100 watt amps. That being said, it still sounded amazing and channel 2 had one of the best hot rodded Marshall tones I had heard up to that point. Channel 3 has more than enough gain for anything you would need and 4 is almost overkill.

Blackmore is bucket list but I think I;ve decided Im sticking to local only

And I think I'm pretty much narrowed down to Mark IV or AD30 as bizarre of two completely different options that is lol

And I think I'm pretty much narrowed down to Mark IV or AD30 as bizarre of two completely different options that is lol

Bailed on a Roland JC? Don't go for the 120 - too damn big.
May I suggest?

Totally worth it just to get an original CE1 chorus in stereo!

s-l1200.jpg

Bailed on a Roland JC? Don't go for the 120 - too damn big.
May I suggest?

Totally worth it just to get an original CE1 chorus in stereo!

s-l1200.jpg
I really want to find one in head form. Think my combo days are over...

Tax refund landed, I offered him $1300. He has read the message but not responded. Hopefully he’s not offended lol, I’ll pay asking price if he just says no :LOL:

You're welcome. Future self will thank me. A lot. :beer

I think a vague sense of financial responsibility will hope that the guy doesn’t get any bites and I can sweat hkm down to $600 in a month or so tho lol

Besides, gotta focus on the new on the new IV bae…. I get overstimulated when I get too much rad gear all at once :LOL:

I know the V is kind of a breeze to dial in (despite what some might say) but it’s been a while since I had the III with all the pull knobs and double gain controls lol gotta reacclimate…

And do the whole kid on Christmas Eve thing tonight

So I get there the amp is beautiful and pristine. Some nice Russian gentlemen. Fire it up, powers on but no sound, tubes not lighting up. Tinker around for a minute not getting anywhere

Then I see it’s a European mode. 240v :facepalm

I passed. I realize I could invest in a step down transformer but a. I don’t want to fuck around with all that, and B. Don’t technically know if everything works and also don’t know what ramifications if any might be associated with powering that amp on in a us outlet might be

Oh man! :(

I think means one thing: Hello, Orange AD30. It's meant to be. :LOL:

It's an amp that doesn't sound like anything else you have. It won't be
a rendundant high-gainer. :idk

Bummer about the MrakIV.

Oh man! :(

I think means one thing: Hello, Orange AD30. It's meant to be. :LOL:

It's an amp that doesn't sound like anything else you have. It won't be
a rendundant high-gainer. :idk

Bummer about the MrakIV.

Thinking about it, a bit disheartened. I also just realized that I was overlooking the lack of a fx loop on the orange which would present some issues if trying to use with band

Back