Suhr Reactive Load is here. This thing is great.

I’m hearing a lot of talk in here about impedance curves and I have a couple thoughts on it:

1) There is definitely a sound to impedance curves. You can audition different sounding ones using the old RedWirez IRs from 10 years ago where they give you a ton of impedance curve options to run before your IRs, or as someone said in here, the Fractal amp models all all have impedance curves in them to try out. You can even use emulated Suhr, Ox Box, and Two Notes impedance curves provided by Fractal.

2) Personal preferences on load boxes is a thing, and it’s not going away. I used Two notes for a long time and loved it until I heard what my amps sound like through the Suhr RL, and I instantly changed. I have two amps with built in Two Notes load boxes and I prefer to use my Suhr RL. Having said that, I strongly prefer the original Suhr RL to the Suhr RL IR because I don’t like how many of either my own or other IRs I’ve used sound in the box. It does something strange to them. Having said that, if I needed the IRs in the box, I’d go Two Notes.

4 Hole JMP into a Tone King Ironman II at line level into a Jay Mitchell 4x12 FFRF IR.

How do you like the iron man II at line level out? I only used it to attenuate sound to cab and felt like things really changed a lot (more compression, more saturation) with each click of attenuation added.

Well, this isn't mine. Just borrowed it for a few days. So far, I have only run it at linelevel. I have not used it for levels of attenuation yet. It is a bit more compression in the low end more so than the high-end and mids it seems to me.

Last edited:
Back