Revisiting something you championed previously that is a POS.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So working on my GM800 sounds for next weeks gigs. Some tweaking still in order but making progress.

Don't want to bring the full BL rig upstairs because lazy so I am playing loud through the Mustang. I decide "Hey! I'll set my full board up through the Mustang (using the baked in amps) and it will give me some basic idea of how it will translate!"

As a monitor for my synths; it's fine. As an amp; it's sounds like a $200 piece of shit. Do yourself a favor and spare yourself from playing through pieces of shit.
Follow The Rules Work GIF by Tim Robinson

TONEX Pedal.

I couldn’t believe the tones I was hearing out of a device that only cost me $299 with free TONEX Max software. What an “excellent value!”

It wasn’t until the honeymoon was over, that I realized what a piece of shit the TONEX ecosystem was. Not to mention the pathetic user interface that to this day, people are still complaining about on gear forums and YouTube videos. After spending over an hour importing my third party IR’s in, one at a time, while having to navigate through multiple directories every fucking time, I had enough.

I sent that shit back for a refund and never looked back.

The two Joyo pedals were collecting dust. They do the thing they are supposed to great so they made my gig board.

376386453_318155490755551_2486428500141482717_n.jpg

BBE Sonic Maximiser.

"This makes everything more good at home."

Gigs once.

"Ohhhhhh".
Ahhh the cornerstone of my, (and every other rack) back in the day. I swore that thing was the glue that held it all together. Good lord was that snake oil, and we were ALL fooled :LOL: .

I don't have anything that I've revisited recently, but I have done this before, SEVERAL times, lol.

I did recently go back and listen to some old clips of my GSP1101, that, sound just as good if not better than what I've gotten out of my Helix . . .

I did recently go back and listen to some old clips of my GSP1101, that, sound just as good if not better than what I've gotten out of my Helix . . .
Ron Jarzombek got some great results with the GSP1101 too.

Last edited:
The gsp1101 is the only modeler I’ve played and it must have been 15 years ago now but that thing I remember being to a of fun and sounding good, kinda wish they’d make an updated version

Back