Fractal Talk

Damn, Mancuso sounds great here, using a FM3.

Idk why, might be my ad blocker, but I can't see Facebook videos on this site. You have another link? I love Mancuso and he has great feel and tone. Love that he is finally moving from L6 to FAS.

How is the Humbuster cable different from a standard TS cable and why do they only sell it in 100ft increments?

How is the Humbuster cable different from a standard TS cable and why do they only sell it in 100ft increments?
1722979724009.png

So basically a TRS to TS cable? :unsure:

I’m not versed in this wizardry, but what makes that eliminate noise?

"Humbuster cables do not eliminate noise. Humbuster cables in conjunction with Humbuster outputs can significantly reduce hum due to ground loops.

The outputs of Fractal Audio products have a special circuit that, in conjunction with a Humbuster cable, senses the difference in ground potential between the devices and cancels the difference thereby reducing hum."

"Humbuster cables do not eliminate noise. Humbuster cables in conjunction with Humbuster outputs can significantly reduce hum due to ground loops.

The outputs of Fractal Audio products have a special circuit that, in conjunction with a Humbuster cable, senses the difference in ground potential between the devices and cancels the difference thereby reducing hum."

Yeah it'd a regular TRS-TS cable, how it works is explained here:

So in theory you could take a TRS to TS cable and run the TRS into the humbuster out on the Axe and then the TS end to the power amp? I’d get the FAS cable to support them but I don’t want a pair of 15ft cables to make a 6inch rack run.

So in theory you could take a TRS to TS cable and run the TRS into the humbuster out on the Axe and then the TS end to the power amp? I’d get the FAS cable to support them but I don’t want a pair of 15ft cables to make a 6inch rack run.
You might not need humbusters at all, they're made to fight hum with 4CM setups mostly I think?

You might not need humbusters at all, they're made to fight hum with 4CM setups mostly I think?

I’m running 4CM with my JC and into a PA in the other setup. I do have a small hum when I stop playing. I may throw one of my line conditioners on it to experiment.

Good lord Mancuso is on another planet!

Hopefully we get a gift of tone with Matteo, would love to get a wiff of that sweet tone. He almost made me go with L6 just because his tone was so good, but that's what we call "bone tone".
Seems his tone has a little more bite too it with the Fractal, not so "elevator smooth" :)

Back