Fractal Talk

I had one of their albums as a teenager, I keep trying to listen to it again (because the recording and mix are OUTSTANDING) but I just cringe myself into an alternate reality and have to turn it off. I hate that that era had some of the pinnacle of rock recording and mixing with some of the most dreadful bands and music.

I thought the Dysfunction album was awesome at the time, but I can’t force myself to listen to it now. :ROFLMAO:

I was really into the first Hoobastank album when I was like 14 until I could no longer stand how cringey the lyrics were. I told myself that would be the last time I'd listen to a band I discovered while watching TRL.

Fantastic production, though. That's one of the albums that helped solidify my love for PRS/Mesa/Warwick, along with Incubus and 311 and virtually every other band in that period.
even the better bands from that period, in the grand scheme of things aren't THAT good. I LOVE the production and sonics of a lot of it, but very few of them are getting into Rolling Stone's greatest albums/songs of all time list. Not all music needs to be great though - tons of genres have music that is ultimately pointless but is still fun to listen to.

please can we have a thread of this discussion
Always Sunny Dance GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

He's pulled that STFU and listen to me croon acoustically in a Bar where
people drink cheap-ass Miller and Anheuser-Busch products by the gallon
multiple times. :idk

It's weird, because he seems like such a swell guy. :LOL:

Dude sounds like he’s passing kidney stones when he sings.

Love me some nu metal but Staind is terrible.

When that first album came out my guitarist/vocalist at the time came to my house with the CD because he was so excited about it, puts it on and I’m getting ready to be blown away, he starts mini-moshing on my bed to “Mudshovel” and I’m just sitting there waiting for the cool part. He did the same thing with Papa Roach and I stopped trusting him after that. :rofl

He introduced me to Fear Factory originally, so I HAD a reason to trust his input! :ROFLMAO:

When that first album came out my guitarist/vocalist at the time came to my house with the CD because he was so excited about it, puts it on and I’m getting ready to be blown away, he starts mini-moshing on my bed to “Mudshovel” and I’m just sitting there waiting for the cool part. He did the same thing with Papa Roach and I stopped trusting him after that. :rofl

He introduced me to Fear Factory originally, so I HAD a reason to trust his input! :ROFLMAO:
I think Papa Roach has an ok song or two :bag :sofa:LOL:

I think Papa Roach has an ok song or two :bag :sofa:LOL:

I have to give them credit because they weren’t the flash in the pan I expected them to be and their fans love them. The last time I paid any real attention to them was when they released the cover……er, song that was highly influenced by Faith No More’s “Midlife Crisis”

And in our Big 4 discussion, we can point out how every nu-metal band used “Midlife Crisis” as their overall blueprint. The drum groove that started a genre.

I have to give them credit because they weren’t the flash in the pan I expected them to be and their fans love them. The last time I paid any real attention to them was when they released the cover……er, song that was highly influenced by Faith No More’s “Midlife Crisis”

And in our Big 4 discussion, we can point out how every nu-metal band used “Midlife Crisis” as their overall blueprint. The drum groove that started a genre.

That bass tone is FNM AF. Beyond the entire vocal melody they lifted

Honestly couldn't tell a difference with the drives in 26.01 but 26.02 is absolutely glorious with how punchy high gain sounds are now. It's crazy how it just keeps getting better after all these years.

Back