Fractal Talk

do you have any advice for the best doubler?

Melda MGuitarArchitect has a doubler as like the second most prominent button on the GUI. it sounds pretty good

1000133757.jpg

Honestly I’ve never really understood the use case for a doubler. Recording wouldn’t you much rather have a second take entirely, and/or if you were going to reuse a take, wouldn’t you want to re-amp with a different amp or IR?

Do people just like jamming with it solo?

Honestly I’ve never really understood the use case for a doubler. Recording wouldn’t you much rather have a second take entirely, and/or if you were going to reuse a take, wouldn’t you want to re-amp with a different amp or IR?

Do people just like jamming with it solo?

I thought it was for live players trying to emulate the sound of double tracking. I’ve tried it, and it never sounded anything like double tracking to me so I’ve never used it live. For recording, you’d just double track the thing presumably unless you like something interesting and unnatural about what the doubler effect does.

D

Petrucci use the tc Mimiq, not a super exaggerated effect.
It's been a while since I've tried the Fractal Petrucci preset, but I never thought the doubling effect in the preset sound as good as the Mimiq.

Regardless it seems to be a common pedal on fractal boards
Lots of Fractal (and other) modelers have lots of other often unnecessary pedals... Could be be for various reasons.
I have a Drop on my FM9 board but only because the FM9 only allows one pitch block. Sometimes I want a virtual capo and the dual detune. If the FM9 could do both simultaneously I'd have just done that.

It is amazing how Electro Harmonix manages to process the strings separately without the need of a hex-pickup.
A while ago our Cliff said that he made an offer to Mike Matthews, but he refused to sell EH. Having both technologies together would be the next level of game changer.

The best that Mike could do is to put all his gizmos together inside a rack effects unit. But I guess that to convince him would be more difficult than making him shave his beard :rofl

BTW: Bill Rupert demos are the best, but he cannot be forgiven for never sharing his VG-99 presets
:somean

Last edited:
It's true that the AF3 is sounding better than ever with these recent updates and now this beta. I couldn't stop playing it at the weekend
JD would you say thats its a ....you know :LOL:

In all seriousness though ill be anxious to see if these 2 firmware updates make it to the FM9, especially the latter since my current patch does have a drive pedal in front of an amp

:headbang

JD would you say thats its a ....you know :LOL:

In all seriousness though ill be anxious to see if these 2 firmware updates make it to the FM9, especially the latter since my current patch does have a drive pedal in front of an amp

:headbang
They will just takes time
Usually when out of beta for AX3 I would say probably couple of weeks
If the AX3 is still in beta likely chance he is still planning to add more stuff

It is amazing how Electro Harmonix manages to process the strings separately without the need of a hex-pickup.
A while ago our Cliff said that he made an offer to Mike Matthews, but he refused to sell EH. Having both technologies together would be the next level of game changer.

The best that Mike could do is to put all his gizmos together inside a rack effects unit. But I guess that to convince him would be more difficult than making him shave his beard :rofl

BTW: Bill Rupert demos are the best, but he cannot be forgiven for never sharing his VG-99 presets
:somean
Ruppert is the EVH of "let's make my guitar sound like an accordion!" demos. KILLER player and also like early EVH gives you ABSOLUTELY ZERO help figuring out how he dials in those sounds. Beyond playing still as a statue sitting down on a desk chair.

He's also very obtuse about his processes when the obvious questions of "gee; how are you making flugel horn sounds with an Ibanez jem?" come up. It's more than a little irritating if I am being honest. It's his every right to hold that knowledge close to his chest. Certainly. And up till now; EHX pedals (beyond every single one I have had that has failed or had issues out of the gate) had no real easily accessible presets that made any sense in a live setting. To say the least.

This new POG looks COOL. But the sounds themselves sound way over processed and not attractive to my ears at all. I'd rather just buy another GM800 and make my own Roland flugels and be happy
birthday party singing GIF by Peter Bjorn and John

I was standing on a basketball court as I plugged into the AF3; and within the blink of an eye I found myself running full speed down a Missouri football field clutching a ball.

i was today years old when i learned that hard clipping from a cold clipper is a high order harmonic

high order harmonicc.png

Back