Fractal Talk

The Humbuster cable is absolutely not the same as using a regular TRS to TS cable. And as has been said any noise reduction from it comes from the combination of the cable and a Humbuster enabled jack on the Fractal device.

I have a few of those things laying around in my cable stash. I haven't ever really needed them though.

Last edited:
Good lord Mancuso is on another planet!

Hopefully we get a gift of tone with Matteo, would love to get a wiff of that sweet tone. He almost made me go with L6 just because his tone was so good, but that's what we call "bone tone".
I always thought his L6 tone was great but TOP told me it was "horrible". I thought I was going crazy.

Lol what is this meme from?

He's pulled that STFU and listen to me croon acoustically in a Bar where
people drink cheap-ass Miller and Anheuser-Busch products by the gallon
multiple times. :idk

It's weird, because he seems like such a swell guy. :LOL:

Who? The seems like an error...

Nope... Special wiring on the TRS side.
Covered on previous page.

20240806_231035.jpg

I assume they are making these in house. I need to reach out and see if they will make a few in a shorter increment than 15ft feet.
All you have to do is take a traditional TRS to TS, and move the ring connection, on the TS side, from the tip ..to the shield ...Viola ...humbuster.

Honestly, could do TRS to TRS and make the same moves, get same results.

If Im not mistaken it's just forcing it to ground...this ... busting hum. 🤷‍♂️ I am kind of a hack.

Couple ways to do it. Same results.

What's this about 100'? It comes in 15' and 30' on their US web store. We talking G66 or something?

All you have to do is take a traditional TRS to TS, and move the ring connection, on the TS side, from the tip ..to the shield ...Viola ...humbuster.

Honestly, could do TRS to TRS and make the same moves, get same results.

If Im not mistaken it's just forcing it to ground...this ... busting hum. 🤷‍♂️ I am kind of a hack.

Couple ways to do it. Same results.
You can definitely make your own Humbuster cable and they tell you that and exactly how in their own manual.

IMG_5816.jpeg

why do they only sell it in 100ft increments?
They don't -- you can buy them in shorter lengths on the Fractal store or from BTPA. But for short runs you shouldn't need them. They're designed to help eliminate electromagnetic interference picked up by a traditional TR-TR cable over a long run. Something you don't get with an XLR or TRS-TRS cable where the design helps eliminate injected noise.

Finally updated my Axe FX with the new firmware. Naturally I'm not using anything yet that could test the changes.

I got a new shelf to consolidate some of my gear and decided to try running an Axe 3 into amp setup. It works really, really well for this. Honestly an FM9 would probably be easier but I already have all this gear.

I did briefly try running the HX Effects into the Orange and there's a very noticeable increase in fidelity going from the HX Effects to the Axe FX. I'm not sure exactly why, but the HXFX sounded lo-fi and the Axe is very clear. Could be a bit of level differences playing into it. The Fractal is also lower noise too.

53908167413_ddeff1384d_h.jpg

Finally updated my Axe FX with the new firmware. Naturally I'm not using anything yet that could test the changes.

I got a new shelf to consolidate some of my gear and decided to try running an Axe 3 into amp setup. It works really, really well for this. Honestly an FM9 would probably be easier but I already have all this gear.

I did briefly try running the HX Effects into the Orange and there's a very noticeable increase in fidelity going from the HX Effects to the Axe FX. I'm not sure exactly why, but the HXFX sounded lo-fi and the Axe is very clear. Could be a bit of level differences playing into it. The Fractal is also lower noise too.

That aligns with what I’ve noticed between the two as well. I don’t know if it’s something about the quality of the converters, or what, but the Axe FX has a higher fidelity sound than the HX.

I wonder if that’s one of the reasons it’s become so popular as an effects unit for guys running amp rigs

I always thought his L6 tone was great but TOP told me it was "horrible". I thought I was going crazy.
His Helix tone is great, because the Helix is still awesome.
Covered on previous page.

View attachment 26114
Man, I wish I had a strain relief clamp.

The Rocker 15 is a really underrated amp. SO good.

He's pulled that STFU and listen to me croon acoustically in a Bar where
people drink cheap-ass Miller and Anheuser-Busch products by the gallon
multiple times. :idk

It's weird, because he seems like such a swell guy. :LOL:

Love me some nu metal but Staind is terrible.

Love me some nu metal but Staind is terrible.
I had one of their albums as a teenager, I keep trying to listen to it again (because the recording and mix are OUTSTANDING) but I just cringe myself into an alternate reality and have to turn it off. I hate that that era had some of the pinnacle of rock recording and mixing with some of the most dreadful bands and music.

I had one of their albums as a teenager, I keep trying to listen to it again (because the recording and mix are OUTSTANDING) but I just cringe myself into an alternate reality and have to turn it off. I hate that that era had some of the pinnacle of rock recording and mixing with some of the most dreadful bands and music.
I don't like his "heavy" voice. At. All. And his sappy singing voice trips zero triggers in me. And the riffs suck. His whole modern country trucker schtick is a turdfest as well.

I hate that that era had some of the pinnacle of rock recording and mixing with some of the most dreadful bands and music.

I was really into the first Hoobastank album when I was like 14 until I could no longer stand how cringey the lyrics were. I told myself that would be the last time I'd listen to a band I discovered while watching TRL.

Fantastic production, though. That's one of the albums that helped solidify my love for PRS/Mesa/Warwick, along with Incubus and 311 and virtually every other band in that period.

Back