Dirk Lance is a goddamn BEAST

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
So I LOVE early Incubus. I knew Dirk could rip but I never focused on him so much as the overall songs and albums of everything up to Morning View. I need to finish this up still but this guy FUCKING RIPS on the bass. Holy hell!

If you dig that era; check it!

I need to go back and listen to those albums, just never spent much time with Incubus for some reason. He's definitely a killer bassist.

Watched this on Friday with the boy. When I was younger I got into a band with some friends who were really big Incubus fans, who turned me on to their older stuff.

That interviewer really needs to give him his dick back, though. The gushing was a little over the top.

Btw, he mentioned tone is in the hands.

:rollsafe
More like tone is in the palming technique :poop: 🥄

I think Ben fit what they were going for after Morning View, which was more straight ahead alt rock. The older stuff with Dirk had some really groovy stuff with more syncopation. Just a totally different approach to bass (fingers w/ Dirk vs picks with Ben).

I’ve always known of this band but don’t know any of their material. In fact, I’m surprised you geezers are such fans? My millennial cousin loves them; I associate them with that age group.

What album or songs would be a good place to start?

I’ve always known of this band but don’t know any of their material. In fact, I’m surprised you geezers are such fans? My millennial cousin loves them; I associate them with that age group.

What album or songs would be a good place to start?
I'm not super into them but I really dig the songs "Drive", "Are You In?" and "Wish You Were Here".

I bought the Morning View album a couple years back, which the last two songs are on.

Lots of great funky, :love and :satan nuggets buried in there as well. Not heavy but heavy in a 'we listened to FNM and Primus sort of way'

Back