Dirk Lance is a goddamn BEAST

Let's not forget their absolute heater of a debut album that for some reason they pretend doesn't exist and don't have up on spotify :cry::hmm

Ashamedly; I have never listened to this. Were they doing the sexytime thing they got so great at from the jump? Like the softer jams I posted above? They have kind of a "Police(?)if they were an alt-rock band" vibe on their slower jams that I have always adored :love The more rocking stuff especially on Science definitely shows it's age but I still love it. I have always assumed Fungus was full of that funky stuff \m/

Ashamedly; I have never listened to this. Were they doing the sexytime thing they got so great at from the jump? Like the softer jams I posted above? They have kind of a "Police(?)if they were an alt-rock band" vibe on their slower jams that I have always adored :love The more rocking stuff especially on Science definitely shows it's age but I still love it. I have always assumed Fungus was full of that funky stuff \m/

I am shocked you havent listened to this lol

Its all funk riffs/primus basslines/mosh riffs. Brandon's a little more rappy on a lot of the vocal delivery too

I love it, I definitely recommend listening if you like incubus lol

I have always assumed it was too raw. I have probably heard songs from it at either the show I saw or other live stuff I have watched on YT. I really love that funk-metal vibe overall and kinda wish I was still in a band that could write stuff of that nature. That 3 people in the universe would enjoy :bag

I think Brandon has expressed that they're embarrassed by it but I don't know why lol. It's weird and fun and definitely very incubus

Also saw ben about 10 years on his solo tour...not bad. Detroit Hard Rock I think.

it’s-nice-it’s-different.gif

I think I mentioned all this before previously, but I first saw them opening or Korn in ‘98 on their SCIENCE tour, Brandon still had the dreds and it was the first time I saw a band live and thought “These guys are gonna be huge”. The way the audience ate them up was very telling, there was certainly a buzz in the air while they played.

Next time I saw them was opening for Primus, a week or two before “Drive” hit the radio, they were great at both shows. The next time I saw them was on the tour for the album after Morning View and they were headlining a 30k seat arena.

I haven’t heard much radio since I saw them last back then, but it’s always been pretty interesting to me how they’ve managed to stay as successful as they are because I never hear any of the new tunes.

So I'm skimming through their last album '8' and the one before it. I can see Dirk not fitting in on any of this really. They removed all of the edge that they had. I get it. But man; it's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG stretch from those Bungle beginnings to this new stuff. Oof.

I haven't heard anything post Light Grenades. Anna Molly is a really annoying song imo and the amount of radio play it got fried my brain a bit. I can't remember much else of that album. A Crow Left of the murder is still excellent Incubus imo though

I haven't heard anything post Light Grenades. Anna Molly is a really annoying song imo and the amount of radio play it got fried my brain a bit. I can't remember much else of that album. A Crow Left of the murder is still excellent Incubus imo though
Skimming through that album; Anna Molly seems to be the best of the bunch :sofa:bagI think I have 'Crow...' on CD but put it away after a single listen and never revisited :whistle:

Back