3.6 When ?

Knobs shall not be mentioned here ...ever!! :D

turn-it-up.gif

You know, aside from already mentioned QOL things, there's pretty much nothing more I need.
Sure upgraded amps would be nice, sure factory correct Marshalls would be nice. But not because I need them, just digital version of GAS.

I think this is actually bad for Helix, there's little talk about it since 3.5, no hype about anything :D

Yesterday I put a Vox amp, dual cabs, changed the mics a bit, stock compressor, stock reverb, and like, wtf? That's it? Sounds good? I have to practice already?

I think this is actually bad for Helix, there's little talk about it since 3.5, no hype about anything :D

Have we reached a level of modeler maturity where most owners are satisfied?

At the current state of Helix after 3.50 release, the primary thing I would probably request is to refresh the launch Marshalls and add more Cabs, this post (link) sums my current Helix request.

I can still see *many* improvements myself, and, depending on how you work, even pretty dramatic ones, but I think they're pretty low on L6s radar, if at all.

Yes the new cabs are silly easy to dial in, as I've mentioned i have not used many things in the Helix so I'm more a proponent for improving some of the existing amps rather than giving me more amps, effects and OD
But a few items added that would be nice
Pultec Compressor
Some of those wonderful 80's preamps like ADA Mp1, Mesa Triaxis, Demeter TGP3

:idk

I think we can safely say that if they do something like this, they will be new models in additional to the existing ones, because that's the way that Line 6 rolls! ;)

I'd like to see a f.ex. "bright cap" switch on existing Marshall models. Not sure if that would have a DSP impact though.

But yeah, just give me a new, "corrected" amp model instead.

I think we can safely say that if they do something like this, they will be new models in additional to the existing ones, because that's the way that Line 6 rolls! ;)
I think we can safely say, considering complete silence regarding Marshall amps, that it'll never happen. Some new amps, and some original L6 ones maybe. But for them to go out and buy new Marshalls just to pick them apart when they already have a variant modeled, highly unlikely.
Especially since, if I remember correctly, DI said that modeling an amp is a very laborious process.

I think we can safely say, considering complete silence regarding Marshall amps, that it'll never happen.

Yeah. Also, honestly, it's not like Helix is lacking on Marshall variants as things are today. Placater Dirty alone is good enough to put on records.

A fix, quote-unquote, for the 2204 would be nice thou.

Yeah. Also, honestly, it's not like Helix is lacking on Marshall variants as things are today. Placater Dirty alone is good enough to put on records.

A fix, quote-unquote, for the 2204 would be nice thou.
Well I did mention on a few occasions the next logical step for the Helix tone wise is amp revamp, cabs were done with great success and I'm pretty sure amps can be Improved as well but only DI and the good folks a @ Line6 would know

Back