3.6 When ?

Unlike with Native where you click the exact model you want to use, on the hardware you have to scroll through the model list and every model you pass is loaded into memory and DSP, it's already slow AF and adding more models will make it even slower.
Maybe Line 6 should add a global option that allows to scroll without loading it until you press a button to demo the model or something similar to speed things up.

Unlike with Native where you click the exact model you want to use, on the hardware you have to scroll through the model list and every model you pass is loaded into memory and DSP, it's already slow AF and adding more models will make it even slower.
Maybe Line 6 should add a global option that allows to scroll without loading it until you press a button to demo the model or something similar to speed things up.
Easier would be just to add a bit of delay between scroll stop and selection happening so the UI can be snappy and only when you stop moving the cursor the model changes, maybe have like different highlight color for selected vs "scrolled to" item.

Personally, I think the "best" solution for this would be to have a "Favourites" subsection for each device class.

W.r.t model loading speed though, I think it loads the different amp models pretty quickly as you scroll through them - quick enough that Line 6 could probably implement something akin to Fractal's "channels" with a similar amount of audio dropout.

I suspect this would only be worthwhile for one or two blocks, as adding too many would likely end up with an audio dropout of a similar duration to changing preset.

I think it's cute how everyone wants everything to be like everything else
Kenan Thompson Awww GIF by Saturday Night Live

scroll through the model list and every model you pass is loaded into memory and DSP, it's already slow AF
Also, Helix Edit is freezing (not responding) when I quickly scroll the list on the Helix Floor.
I already know how the models sound, I prefer workflow to be quick and snappy.

I suggest adding a global option to prevent pre-loading the model until a button is pressed, off by default of course.
When in the model list the 'Action' button does nothing, wink wink.

Last edited:
Phil is hinting on TGP, should I sell my Helix Floor? :p

I wouldn’t. What he’s hinting at doesn’t seem to be any different than what DI has said. They’re always working on new stuff, have a next-gen idea(s) in flight that are probably a ways off in the future, new product development drives a lot of the new models and features, HX engine work they did a few years ago allows them to more easily support development across multiple skus (we all read that as helix:stomp but I expect they looked further down the field when they did the work to potentially leverage it for parallel work on next-gen ideas too), etc.

I’m sure they’re working on new hardware ideas, but I think the current Helix has a lot of life left in it.

a bit joking, just preaching falsehood to know the truth, anyway, just new 3.6 cabs will be a huge improvement, the extra things will be great too
(ew is for showing disgusting or distaste, ok ? french here)

One thing is true is that the Helix and HX family have a lot of life yet i mean consider if my Helix does not get anymore firmware updates im completely fine with that and if no serious hardware failure can last a very long time and still be very useful and sound great
im going to stick to the next Gen platform will be added and Helix. Hx family will not be discontinued.
but of course this is pure conjecture only the fine folks at YGG know the direction

Back