3.6 When ?

One thing Id like to see some type of Pultec EQ in the next upcoming FW
or something like the Origin MEQ Driver or the source audio Zio

1669547190620.png

Last edited:
I checked and apparently they only modeled two channels of the original Generator 120, not all four channels of the Generator 120 Mk III.
The clean channel is just a clean channel that isn’t really that different from anything we already have. The crunch channel doesn’t strike me as anything special or much different than the models we already have. The purple and red channels are the unique things on the amp. I don’t understand why they would model anything other than the purple and red channels.

D

Line 6 have plenty of fantastic Greenbacks, G12H, Classic Lead 80, and Mesa Black Shadow (Cali IV) speakers.
I hope to see them shot in a 4x12 cab because openback and small 1x12 cabs don't do justice to these speakers.

Also, each speaker in a 4x12 cab sounds different and the axial direction you capture it matters too, I hope to see more of the Greenback 25, 20, 12H and Match 25 speakers in a 4x12, and the Brit V30 needs another attempt it's godawful.

Line 6 can do a LOT with what they already have, just choose the good sounding speaker (or two) from that cab, and move the 1x12 Celestions to a proper 4x12 for capturing.
* Disconnect the other 3 speakers terminals if you are capturing one different 'implant' speaker in that 4x12 to not add coloration from the other speakers, and never leave speaker holes open, the cab needs to be air tight.
This is my advice, and again Line 6 can do A LOT more with what they already have by moving stuff around.

The Matchless cab is coming for sure.

I hope to see in future updates:
Basketweave 4x12 G12-M20.
Hiwatt/WEM 4x12 with Fanes.
Better Alnico Blue, modern variation.
Better 4x12 Brit v30 (Marshall G12 Vintage), the current one is terrible.
Marshall 4x12 with G12-65 from the early 80s, everything from ACDC to Metallica used these, painfully underrepresented speaker.
More Greenbacks (G12-30 75Hz, G12-30 55Hz, Modern G12-25), there are so many greenback/blackback variations throughout history including the latest Heritage series, one is not enough.

In all honesty, I can create infinite number of excellent sounds and even recreate artist sounds with what we already have by using Dual cab and carefully tuning the setting. Additional cabs will allow even more versatility with less fiddling to achieve results faster or even instantly for people who don't like advanced tweaking.
Another element is curiosity, I love to try rare vintage cabs or cabs that were famously used by artists on certain recordings.

A proper stock JCM800 goddammit.
I request more Greenback, Scumback, G12-65, Classic Lead 80.
We have five different variations of Vintage 30 but only one Greenback in the new Cabs.

Has anyone mentioned a JCM800, Silver Jubilee and Greenbacks yet? :clint
60 years of recorded Marshalls + Celestions, it really is no rocket science, just keep adding more of that.

Yeah, starting with bone stock JTM45, 1987x, 2204 and Jubilee, FOUR historic Marshalls and your 99.9% there.

Bump

Hmm, yes, I need everything quoted above and Global IR/Cab bypass in 3.6 please.
Maybe a Feedbacker and some Synth stuff will be a good bonus to further shrink people's pedalboards.

Helix requests on forums have almost stalled after 3.5, that's a very good sign, just keep adding/updating content like amps, cabs, pedals and effects.

more is more.png

Bro, their tiny unit was born under the shadow of our massive unit and our community.
Not even the feature requests are safe from parasitic opportunism.

Last edited:
For all units:

- Global Blocks.

- Choice between different encoder ballistics (I just hate the way they act since 3.5, what about a happy medium between pre- and post-3.5?).

- Auto Save option. Ideally per preset, so you wouldn't risk messing up some of your precious presets, but I wouldn't mind this to be a global (and obviously optional) thing.

For the Stomps:

- Better parameter layout. There's pretty much no blocks with the most relevant parameters on the first page (levels for almost all drives and amps are on the second page, same goes for delay/reverb mix control). Makes onboard editing *very* uncomfortable. Zoom has gotten that just right on their units, the most relevant parameters are *always* on the first page.

- PLEASE allow me to switch "model selection" off on the lower right encoder. This can be really fatal. Can't recall how often I accidentally turned the lower encoder instead of the upper one (which is needed often to navigate between blocks). Rule of thumb: There should be *no way* to mess up a preset that quickly. On the Floor the behaviour is switchable (by default the joystick-ish encoder selects models as well), should be possible on the Stomps, too (in fact, I thought it just had to be switchable already, so I was going through each and every global setting - to no avail).

- Sort of related to the last point (as it would somewhat adress the issue as well), also valid for all units: When you flip between models, please always retain the last used settings, even if you altered them. Again, Zoom does it just great. When you select, say, a drive, fool around with it, then select another drive but return to the previous one, the tweaked settings are still intact. That's just excellent.

I just hate the way they act since 3.5, what about a happy medium between pre- and post-3.5?

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

I've said it before and I'll say it again. New cabs are nice, but encoder ballistics and dual IR block are the real MVP of 3.5.
Finally, editing on the unit isn't a nightmare.
Ideally, some sort of multiplier factor in global options, so everyone can set it how ever they want. If impossible / to much work - please. do. not. touch. encoder. ballistics.
for. the. love. of. god.
Steve Vai Guitar GIF by Polyphia

Auto Save option.
On the fence about this one. It can be great, but the fact that it isn't there also saved me a couple of times. Messed a preset up, just go one up, one down, and you're back where you started.
An option for it would be nice.

Ideally, some sort of multiplier factor in global options, so everyone can set it how ever they want.

Yeah. I only want the old (or a newer, even more flexible) way back optionally. But I'd instantly switch back if it was there. I'm using the Stomp as a delay/verb unit only and most parameters really only need small adjustments. With the new encoder ballistics, I often overshoot, especially in case time is tight (soundchecks or even between tunes).
An option for it would be nice.

Yeah, all things should be optional only (fwiw, auto save is optional on the Zoom units, too, by default they're set to manual save).

Back