• No

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • I want to

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Sold it

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Hi All,

So much bashing on Neural, I get that it passes time but hey, let's take a look at some captures of a Matchless HC30.

Honestly, the unit is super capable.

You dig?

I know I sound like a broken record but the issue is management not how the device sounds imo (although I think the models are lacking). The device is absolutely capable but is run by clowns.

Anyway, clips sounded great!

Only on leg day?
In other news, I'm completely full of s***. I'd happily have NDSP management over for dinner. So I could ask them for a job LOL.

hqdefault.jpg

New to here but not to other forums. I’ve got one and love it and hate it in equal measures.
I'd be curious to hear your pros and cons. My only major complaint prior to 2.0 was the insane whack-a-mole capture navigation screen. Now that that's (mostly) resolved, I'm a happy camper. More amp models, wah pedals, etc. would be nice, but I don't have any significant concerns. It sounds great, and it's uniquely easy to use standalone.

I'd be curious to hear your pros and cons. My only major complaint prior to 2.0 was the insane whack-a-mole capture navigation screen. Now that that's (mostly) resolved, I'm a happy camper. More amp models, wah pedals, etc. would be nice, but I don't have any significant concerns. It sounds great, and it's uniquely easy to use standalone.
The plug-in situation winds me up for starters. I really don’t know why everyone’s so quick to make excuses, they literally promised plug-in integration in the first place! But anyway…

Pros -
Great form factor, size suits me, fits great on small stages, easy to fly with.
Multiple captures - I really like using a captured amp and pedal etc.
Sound quality - amps, cabs and captures all sound good. I know some people are alluding to issues with how they generate the sounds but I don’t care. It sounds great.
Touch screen - Not iPad great but destroys every other UI bar Helix (which they stole it from)

Cons -
NDSP in general, wish they’d just either pull their finger out or be honest. Seriously.
Effects - Mods and captured drives are probably best in class. Reverbs are bad and while the delays sound good, I feel like they get lost no matter what. Like they have some unnatural ducking or something.
Stupid QOL stuff - I hate that you can’t bypass the tap tempo screen, tuner hold is annoying. File management via the cloud is still crap even after the update. Setlists are a joke, limited songs per section and you can only copy, paste and cut. Good luck reordering 30 songs every gig like I have to.

That’s off the top of my head, I’m sure I’ll think of other stuff!

Quad Cortex captures are fine. There isn’t enough difference between all these capture devices to matter “in a mix.” I just don’t like giving money to shady companies.

I have one but haven't been using it since the tonex pedal came out, though I do miss having everything in one box. Also a lot of QOL stuff that really annoys me with it.

I've played 20-30 live shows with the QC without an issue though, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if the right updates are made

I have one but haven't been using it since the tonex pedal came out, though I do miss having everything in one box. Also a lot of QOL stuff that really annoys me with it.

I've played 20-30 live shows with the QC without an issue though, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if the right updates are made
“Gggrrreeeeeetings!”

Back