Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • I want to

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Sold it

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
B is the capture A is the model. I tried to get the model to be more similar to the capture with the tone stack but it just wasn't possible. I had used a parametric EQ they could have been closer.
Was it your capture of the real amp you had ?
Did this test go thru the same cab ?

Count me in.

IMG_4935.jpeg

If I had the mind power to use multiple digital devices without A/Bing I'd be much happier about my QC. But alas it hasn't been turned on in awhile. That's a me problem tho

I used to face a similar dilemma, but the key to that was assigning "roles" to each. My Helix is tethered to my home setup and runs the show there. My FM9 is what I take to gigs/jams/recording sessions for others. I dialed my ideal funk clean/ambient clean/low-gain Vox/Plexi crunch/hot-rodded Marshall-5150-ish crunch/lead base tones on the FM9, then found pretty close equivalents on Helix and keep them locked to stop comparison shopping. The new Helix firmware kinda got in the way of that, but I found what worked best and stopped tweaking.

The only way I can get anything done, really.

I used to face a similar dilemma, but the key to that was assigning "roles" to each. My Helix is tethered to my home setup and runs the show there. My FM9 is what I take to gigs/jams/recording sessions for others. I dialed my ideal funk clean/ambient clean/low-gain Vox/Plexi crunch/hot-rodded Marshall-5150-ish crunch/lead base tones on the FM9, then found pretty close equivalents on Helix and keep them locked to stop comparison shopping. The new Helix firmware kinda got in the way of that, but I found what worked best and stopped tweaking.

The only way I can get anything done, really.
Now put yourselves in my shoes (a home recording degenerate) 😂

Getting a stomp has been put off for me as I have native. But man do I vastly prefer hardware

Now put yourselves in my shoes (a home recording degenerate) 😂

Getting a stomp has been put off for me as I have native. But man do I vastly prefer hardware

Same here. Dedicated hardware and actually "printing" the guitar tone you record with is better for me. Reamping with clean stems is just an endless rabbit hole for me.

I have to constantly build "traps" to force myself to commit to tones or individual takes. Like @JiveTurkey, I've struggled with that experience of dialing a tone you love one day, then coming back to it in a couple of days and not digging it at all. I found that to always be the case if I subconsciously knew another amp model or IR was just a knob twist away.

#reamp4life

I actually hate reamping, but I only hate reamping slightly less than only printing the processed sound and then wishing I could tweak it later and then having to retrack the entire thing. F that noise.

Personally, plugins-ins are the supreme overlord of recording. Nothing beats its ease of use and flexibility.

I’ve been circling the waters on Helix Native for this reason, but I need those Frac tones in my life. :ROFLMAO:

Back