Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • I want to

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Sold it

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Ditch the masochistic need to tether something to an IOS turd (though the turd is probably a shared one between the app and IOS itself but I digress)

Alt solution: Use the QC :sofa
Yes, let’s not labor under the delusion that the windows app is much better.

And now we veer into “ToneX is fine, as long as you never use it” territory. :/

The app and the pedal really shouldn't even be associated. The app should be strictly for captures and there should be an actual editor for the pedal.
face GIF

LOL! With apologies to the QC haters I actually really love mine. The hype and promised features had nothing to do with getting one, after having my hands on everything at some point the QC ended up checking the most boxes for me so that's what I went with. I didn't plan on it being the alpha platform for what I do but it has ended up being what I use pretty much exclusively for practice, rehearsal, and gigs.

I am also on the opposite side of those being critical of the company at the moment. I grew up with my parents running a small business and spent the '90s neck deep in dot com startups so I know exactly what Doug et al are dealing with at the moment.

I remain entertained by the discourse in any case. :D

I am also on the opposite side of those being critical of the company at the moment. I grew up with my parents running a small business and spent the '90s neck deep in dot com startups so I know exactly what Doug et al are dealing with at the moment.
Did you make false promises to push sales of said startups and then gaslight people who had valid complaints? And I'd be curious of what you think they are dealing with that honestly isn't self caused from their hype train marketing tactics

And most here if not all could care less what you use. And that's awesome you didn't buy the QC based off of what it was marketed for over two years ago (?) now. Many others did and NDSP's lack of accountability is a joke, regardless if you enjoy their product it not.

But honestly, welcome to the forum! You are going to be hard pressed to find anyone here cool with NDSPs marketing/PR department but majority can admit it sounds great!

Last edited:
I grew up with my parents running a small business and spent the '90s neck deep in dot com startups so I know exactly what Doug et al are dealing with at the moment.
I worked at a small business as well (custom home theater) and we avoided shady marketing tactics in order to establish long-lasting relationships with our customer base. There’s no excuse for the shit Doug pulled in order to “crowdfund” his little pet project. If there’s one thing for sure. The MI market and community is small compared to other consumer electronics and small communities like this never forget.

With that said, welcome! 🙏

LOL! With apologies to the QC haters I actually really love mine. The hype and promised features had nothing to do with getting one, after having my hands on everything at some point the QC ended up checking the most boxes for me so that's what I went with. I didn't plan on it being the alpha platform for what I do but it has ended up being what I use pretty much exclusively for practice, rehearsal, and gigs.

I remain entertained by the discourse in any case. :D
I’m not inclined to excuse NDSP for failing to deliver on their own advertised features, but I’m with you 100% as far as the strengths of the QC itself are concerned. Not just in terms of tones, but also features and usability. Until something else comes to market that can match it, it’s my “alpha” as well. (I wish I had two of them: one to act as command central on my desk, and one for portable use. It excels at both applications.)

Be forewarned: these are not popular opinions. :D

Many others did and NDSP's lack of accountability is a joke, regardless if you enjoy their product it not.
Accountability can take several forms, though. The most practical form being: people who weren't satisfied sent their QC's back to the retailer. Others sold, usually at a profit, with those used sales supplanting new sales. The denialism/ gaslighting/ general air of self-satisfaction was off-putting, but in the end, everyone and everything is subject to consequences.

I do feel for anyone who held out too long based on NDSP's inability to be realistic about their timelines. There's no way to recoup the time and frustration. It's lucky for me I'm so impatient. Products that don't do it for me usually wind up back where they came from within a matter of days. (Just ask IK Multimedia LOL.)

If I were to take away all the history and my loathing of the company, these are the only things that would keep me from getting a QC:

• Limited footswitching. This is really the big one. I would have to buy an external MIDI controller or two and do a lot of programming to get it to work for what I need.
  • Noise concerns. This is a bit hypothetical, but when I had mine it was noticeably noisier than my Fractal, Kemper, or HX Stomp when all were plugged in the exact same way.
  • Reverb quality. I actually need spring reverb for a lot of stuff I do.

I have other gripes and things I don’t like (like the amp EQ and the compressors), but those three things are the deal breakers for me for what I need out of a rig

Company lies and mistruths aside, my issues with the unit:

- Woeful midi implementation
- FX loops are not very transparent, colour your pedals and affect the signal level
- 4-cable method was not as nice sounding as other units because of the above
- It was quiet; like... noticeably quieter than my Helix, Axe FX 3, or Boss GT-1000
- Ground hum noises that were not cured by an isolator transformer. Never figured that one out; it even ruined one of our gigs
- Inability to tempo sync some effects
- Average delay effects that don't properly support oscillation sounds
- At launch the CPU usage was extremely poor, and I couldn't recreate presets that I have on my Helix on the QC; they did eventually address it... took a while though!
- The touchscreen is not as good as the touchscreen on my Waldorf Iridium, that is for sure

Back