What are we watching now?

DGG is an absolute piece of filmmaking shit. The first of that trilogy had some OK moments. Other than Loomis. "Evil Dies Tonight" was atrocious and the "end" was the biggest FU troll to Halloween fans ever. Absolute garbage. I don't hold the Exorcist as sacred text near as much so I wasn't invested in it but I am glad that he is no longer attached.

Just watched Roadhouse. Gylenhall as expected carried the film. McGregor (who I have never seen) was annoying on every level. Fight scenes were good as expected. The sad thing was the love interest and the actor who played her father were the worst thing about it. Terrible dialog and not a good fit for the roles at all.
The only good DGG did was make people reevaluate RZ's films, both of which I liked. RZH2 is better once you realize what is actually going on.

The only good DGG did was make people reevaluate RZ's films, both of which I liked. RZH2 is better once you realize what is actually going on.
I liked 2. Other than Malcom McDowell and Laurie Strode screechfest. That opening section was BRUTAL :satan I think part I and the white trash family backstory of Michael was one of the worst things I have ever seen in horror, though :oops: Not everything needs explained. Especially if you're going to do it like that :ROFLMAO:

I liked 2. Other than Malcom McDowell and Laurie Strode screechfest. That opening section was BRUTAL :satan I think part I and the white trash family backstory of Michael was one of the worst things I have ever seen in horror, though :oops: Not everything needs explained. Especially if you're going to do it like that :ROFLMAO:
Lmao, I hate the Halloween Fandom. "Ew, a reason or explanation for the character? Fun in the series!? Gross, no!"

Worst legacy horror franchise. At least Chucky, Freddy, and Jason can poke fun at themselves and have some explanation for why they are doing shit.

Lmao, I hate the Halloween Fandom. "Ew, a reason or explanation for the character? Fun in the series!? Gross, no!"

Worst legacy horror franchise. At least Chucky, Freddy, and Jason can poke fun at themselves and have some explanation for why they are doing shit.
Ehhhh they all have their sour spots. Halloween's sour spot is the stupid Thorn Curse storyline. And Rob Zombies garbage dialog of Michal Meyers family life. That worked great in Devil's Rejects but it doesn't work for me at all in Halloween.

Edited and to your point when they try to have fun with it; they end up with stuff like the Busta Rhymes martial arts scene. So it's tough :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The Three Body Problem is still cool after 3 episodes but why do the VR devices look like chastity belts from Barbarella?

Ehhhh they all have their sour spots. Halloween's sour spot is the stupid Thorn Curse storyline. And Rob Zombies garbage dialog of Michal Meyers family life. That worked great in Devil's Rejects but it doesn't work for me at all in Halloween.

Edited and to your point when they try to have fun with it; they end up with stuff like the Busta Rhymes martial arts scene. So it's tough :ROFLMAO:

Busta was great lmao. I'd take that over anything DGG had to offer. I remember being like 12 or some shit going, "they'll probably write themselves out of H20 like this" -- AND THEY FUCKING DID! Lol

People like to call it the "thorn trilogy," but part 4 doesn't really have much of anything to do with the garbage Dominique Othenin-Girard came up with in part 5.

The worst part of that movie is just how insufferable everyone is. The one character that isn't, Rachel, has three scenes and she's dead. This is especially horrendous because the film would work better for the most part if Rachel sacrifices herself to save Jamie instead of Tina (God, she is the worst character of any Halloween film).

Then there is this half baked, quarter of an idea "plot point" with the man in black, Thorn, etc. Halloween 6 is okay in the T cut version of the film, but I was so damn glad they finally released the P cut after wanting to see it for like 20 years when I first heard about it on OHMB. It is a more cogent film overall, but one plot point in the film is very, uh... weird.

Last edited:
We've been watching those Fast and Furious movies the last few weeks because we've surprisingly never seen them before.

The first was aggressively ok.
The second was pretty bad.
The third was ok in any parts people weren't talking.
The fourth is so bad we're tapping out here.

I think I can live with a smaller, older TV. It's actually 37". :unsure:

Why?

Because if I can, then I can spend the $$$ on a sweet ass 40"
Computer Monitor for the Jam Space.

This is much smarter than a new Smart TV. :rollsafe

We've been watching those Fast and Furious movies the last few weeks because we've surprisingly never seen them before.

The first was aggressively ok.
The second was pretty bad.
The third was ok in any parts people weren't talking.
The fourth is so bad we're tapping out here.
You’ll think I’m joking but the 5th one is actually what kickstarted the saga. It transitions from drag racing, typical action movie to full on heist series. This is where the “family” thing kicks in.

(Check Rotten Tomatoes…)

Just finished The Three Body Problem. Pretty good adaptation that hits all the beats of the book but could've been a couple of episodes longer.

This was always going to be a hard one to adapt. The book is hard science fiction. I was kinda confused through some of it as some characters were split into more than one character.

Kinda funny how all the people involved were linked and kind of knew each other though. The World is always so small in these things.

Close Encounters totally has the Spielberg magic. I love how the door closes as you see the kids breathing their own toys.

To me 2001 is just a masterpiece. Everything about it.

I can't stand 2010. I hate that director. Same douche who made Capricorn One. Man, he took a masterpiece and followed it up with something akin to 80s television. I do like the scene where the line "My God, it's full of stars" keeps repeating in a pitch shifted voice. But to me it wreaks of bad directing when good actors do a bad job. Here you have Roy Scheider, a very cool actor who was capable of cool stuff absolutely doing a ham fisted job. I could write a long essay on how every part of Clark's novel was cheapened by the movie.

Last edited:
Back