What are we watching now?

I started binge watching the first season of "Resident Alien" on Netflix last night.

I'm looking forward to finishing the first season tonight. :alien:
Much better than expected, and gets even better in second season.

No spoiler here, but there was a fleshlight joke that just made me laugh. My wife didn’t get it and asked me to explain. She was confused about the flashlight and was like “…and not to pry or judge, but how are you a flashlight expert?” Not sure she believed me when I explained it was all the fault of this British dude on gear forums named @Orvillain because he has this made in Japan Les Paul copy made by this company called Orville, after the original founder of the USA Gibson guitar company….

…Jesus, the rabbit hole runs deep…

No spoiler here, but there was a fleshlight joke that just made me laugh. My wife didn’t get it and asked me to explain. She was confused about the flashlight and was like “…and not to pry or judge, but how are you a flashlight expert?” Not sure she believed me when I explained it was all the fault of this British dude on gear forums named @Orvillain because he has this made in Japan Les Paul copy made by this company called Orville, after the original founder of the USA Gibson guitar company….

And now there’s a chuppacabra reference…I’m beginning to think one of the writers is a member here…

Any TV recommendations out there? Brands? I am going for 50". Not
massive. Not tiny. :idk
I've been very happy with the LG OLED TV's I've had. C-series and up. The older C-series can be had for sale prices and there's not a whole lot of real difference between them to the latest version, so a LG CX-C4 is basically the same TV.

I'm not sure if they have a 50" but I'd go for the 55" if it fits.

Season one is done. Loved it. Was hard to resist starting season 2, but that will need to wait until the weekend.

Not sure she believed me when I explained it was all the fault of this British dude on gear forums named @Orvillain because he has this made in Japan Les Paul copy made by this company called Orville, after the original founder of the USA Gibson guitar company….
Always good to pile on the details in moments like these. Keep her thinking, "My husband couldn't possibly spin up this much shit this fast." :D

Always good to pile on the details in moments like these. Keep her thinking, "My husband couldn't possibly spin up this much shit this fast." :D
“You see honey, it all started back in 2020 with an announcement at this other place with a S O O N sign and what looked like the, oh, remember the Line 6 stuff?, yeah that looked just like that one and all hell broke loose. Yada yada yada pickles, badlander, hotubs, fleshlights and now it’s 2024”

Visuals look great, I really hope the movie is good. We haven't had a genuinely great Alien movie since Aliens.
  • Alien 3 is what you get when a movie is in development hell.
  • Alien Resurrection has some fun effects and ideas, but overall leans on "gross" over terrifying.
  • Prometheus is alright, if it wasn't for some genuinely bad writing and refusing to let go of the Alien franchise.
  • Alien Covenant, that movie is a straight up piece of crap! It could have also worked much better as something other than an Alien movie. It's like "Y'all like the alien, right? Let's shoehorn in some of those suckers!"
  • The Alien vs Predator films are also rubbish, especially the second one.
Based on the trailer, Romulus might lean more on the horror side of Alien over the action side of Aliens, but maybe still tries to find a mix of the two.

The trailer is actually perfect as a "hey, now I'm interested in this film and want to see it." I really hope they just use that and don't make one of those long "show everything in the film" trailers.

McGregor:
acting jon lovitz GIF

Back