What are we watching now?

I looked it up when we first started it. From what I was reading; it is set in the same "universe" (barf). No character crossover up to where I am at currently.
That actually makes it more interesting to me. The original movie was great, so I don't want to watch a 10 hour rehash of the same story.

Episodes of WCW Thunder. Who the fuck are Rocco Rock and Johhny Grunge? Why the hell did they get so much TV time while being more "rough around the edges" than the Nasty Boys? Someone should hold up a sign saying "who booked this crap?" every time they have a match.

EDIT: I'm not much of a fan of Goldberg. All he had was a win streak as a gimmick. At least the Ultimate Warrior was interesting with his gimmick and promo delivery. Goldberg couldn't do much of shit and his non existent promos showcase he was extremely limited. Once he was beat, he was even more useless.

Haven't seen that Halloween trilogy so I couldn't comment.
But I really hoped Exorcist :Believer would be an improvement on previous efforts.
Even Ellen Burstyn's short role couldn't save it. Not to mention Linda Blair's blink and you'd miss it appearance at the very end.

Just watched Exorcist :Believer.
Disappointing. Still can't beat the 1973 original.
I'd say it was better than the same Director and writer's attempt at that last Halloween trilogy :oops: That's about it though :wat
Haven't seen that Halloween trilogy so I couldn't comment.
But I really hoped Exorcist :Believer would be an improvement on previous efforts.
Even Ellen Burstyn's short role couldn't save it. Not to mention Linda Blair's blink and you'd miss it appearance at the very end.
Think it could have anything to do with this insufferably smug response? This is what he thought of the source material, so quite frankly, FUCK David Gordon Green.

Screenshot_20240321_192650_YouTube.jpg

"Why would I need the creator of the original's input? LMFAO, I'm DAVID FUCKING GORDON GREEN and I'm amazing! Just ask me! Maybe he can provide a song or something, but really, I'm a MUCH better filmmaker than he is."

Two years later, there are reviews that he is "the worst director alive" and has dropped out of doing the sequels, supposedly. Fucking grifter; go back to comedy, hack.

The first Halloween (well, technically now the third film to be titled "Halloween", so I'll refer to it as "Blumoween") was decent enough. However, the mob rules aspect of the sequel and the "evil dies tonight" shit was obnoxious. Laurie does nothing most of the movie (congrat to Jamie for collecting a check doing next to fuck all), while the final film in the trilogy was so fucking bad. He had no plans to do a "Laurie and Michael" movie in the final film of his trilogy WHERE THE WHOLE GODDAMN POINT is to have a final confrontation between Laurie and Michael! That hamfisted shit at the end was sort tof lazy and reeks of, "I don't know, he uh... shows up or something, and she likes, I don't know... does a thing or two, and maybe someone shows up, they kill him, bing bang boom. Done."

To reiterate, and in summation, fuck DGG. He's a piece of shit and I'm tired of comedy hacks who couldn't make you laugh if you were ODing on laughing gas thinking they can make horror movies.

I've been very happy with the LG OLED TV's I've had. C-series and up. The older C-series can be had for sale prices and there's not a whole lot of real difference between them to the latest version, so a LG CX-C4 is basically the same TV.

I'm not sure if they have a 50" but I'd go for the 55" if it fits.

I went shopping today. :brick

Came home with nothing and hooked up my old 32". It does the pictures. :LOL:

Think it could have anything to do with this insufferably smug response? This is what he thought of the source material, so quite frankly, FUCK David Gordon Green.

View attachment 20548

"Why would I need the creator of the original's input? LMFAO, I'm DAVID FUCKING GORDON GREEN and I'm amazing! Just ask me! Maybe he can provide a song or something, but really, I'm a MUCH better filmmaker than he is."

Two years later, there are reviews that he is "the worst director alive" and has dropped out of doing the sequels, supposedly. Fucking grifter; go back to comedy, hack.

The first Halloween (well, technically now the third film to be titled "Halloween", so I'll refer to it as "Blumoween") was decent enough. However, the mob rules aspect of the sequel and the "evil dies tonight" shit was obnoxious. Laurie does nothing most of the movie (congrat to Jamie for collecting a check doing next to fuck all), while the final film in the trilogy was so fucking bad. He had no plans to do a "Laurie and Michael" movie in the final film of his trilogy WHERE THE WHOLE GODDAMN POINT is to have a final confrontation between Laurie and Michael! That hamfisted shit at the end was sort tof lazy and reeks of, "I don't know, he uh... shows up or something, and she likes, I don't know... does a thing or two, and maybe someone shows up, they kill him, bing bang boom. Done."

To reiterate, and in summation, fuck DGG. He's a piece of shit and I'm tired of comedy hacks who couldn't make you laugh if you were ODing on laughing gas thinking they can make horror movies.
DGG is an absolute piece of filmmaking shit. The first of that trilogy had some OK moments. Other than Loomis. "Evil Dies Tonight" was atrocious and the "end" was the biggest FU troll to Halloween fans ever. Absolute garbage. I don't hold the Exorcist as sacred text near as much so I wasn't invested in it but I am glad that he is no longer attached.

Just watched Roadhouse. Gylenhall as expected carried the film. McGregor (who I have never seen) was annoying on every level. Fight scenes were good as expected. The sad thing was the love interest and the actor who played her father were the worst thing about it. Terrible dialog and not a good fit for the roles at all.

Back