What are we watching now?

Finished up the Run DMC doc. :chef:chef:chef

Still working through TD. Jodie Foster and the kid are really the only reasons to kind of stick around. It's fine but the hype is wayyy too much imo. New episode of Curb dropped last night and I will be imbibing in that this evening :love

I saw another Disney+ payment pop up on my phone, despite believing I canceled it a LONG time ago, that triggered me into cancelling everything. Hulu, Netflix, Disney, PSNow and whatever additional ad-ons I had in Prime. Prime is the only thing left. I swear to god if I see one more charge pop up for a streaming service I’m going to go nuclear.

This also happened with HBO Max last year, where I had to spend an hour with customer service as they located my account to properly cancel my subscription. Somehow something gets jacked up between Playstation and the streaming provider. Disney found it quick, but HBO had to keep escalating it before they could finally truly cancel it.

Every time I get the desire to watch something, I click around for an hour an eventually settle on something I’m not very interested in, just to not be entertained by it. There’s plenty of history do on Youtube I haven’t seen yet and I’m fine catching up on all of those.

Someone lemme know when another Breaking Bad/BCS/Lost show pops back on TV.

I saw another Disney+ payment pop up on my phone, despite believing I canceled it a LONG time ago, that triggered me into cancelling everything. Hulu, Netflix, Disney, PSNow and whatever additional ad-ons I had in Prime. Prime is the only thing left. I swear to god if I see one more charge pop up for a streaming service I’m going to go nuclear.

This also happened with HBO Max last year, where I had to spend an hour with customer service as they located my account to properly cancel my subscription. Somehow something gets jacked up between Playstation and the streaming provider. Disney found it quick, but HBO had to keep escalating it before they could finally truly cancel it.

Every time I get the desire to watch something, I click around for an hour an eventually settle on something I’m not very interested in, just to not be entertained by it. There’s plenty of history do on Youtube I haven’t seen yet and I’m fine catching up on all of those.

Don't even get me started on streaming services you get through like a 7th party provider AKA Xzibit "Yo dawg; I heard you have Hulu in your Disney+ in your Prime in your Roku account!" meme
:oops: :cuss:bonk

Same. I am SO over TV in general. I don't need to emotionally overinvest in that shit, and then
not emotionally invest in actual people and places near and dear to me. Not that anyone would
ever do that. :LOL:

I pay $14 for YT Premium and am free from the fucking Pop-Up and Ad Overlords. :beer

At home I literally listen to music without any video/TV element more than I watch a screen.
Been one of the most fulfilling intentional changes I have made in my life the past 5 years.
Still so much catching up to do on all the killer music that has already been made.

Same. I am SO over TV in general. I don't need to emotionally overinvest in that shit, and then
not emotionally invest in actual people and places near and dear to me. Not that anyone would
ever do that. :LOL:

I pay $14 for YT Premium and am free from the fucking Pop-Up and Ad Overlords. :beer

At home I literally listen to music without any video/TV element more than I watch a screen.
Been one of the most fulfilling intentional changes I have made in my life the past 5 years.
Still so much catching up to do on all the killer music that has already been made.

That’s something I definitely need to do, start putting music on the second I get home. I have a pile of books to plow through and plenty of music to keep on as I do it!!

Started watching some older will ferrel era SNL last night.

Anyone know the reason musical performances are removed from older seasons? Some sort of copyright thing?

Started watching some older will ferrel era SNL last night.

Anyone know the reason musical performances are removed from older seasons? Some sort of copyright thing?
Probably a copyright thing. I tried to find MadTV on something beyond a 240P rip (legally) and good luck with that. I am not "buying it" on Amazon or wherever else.

The one SNL episode I look for now and again is that Steven Segal thing that got scrubbed from the net. For good reason :bag :ROFLMAO:

Probably a copyright thing. I tried to find MadTV on something beyond a 240P rip (legally) and good luck with that. I am not "buying it" on Amazon or wherever else.

The one SNL episode I look for now and again is that Steven Segal thing that got scrubbed from the net. For good reason :bag :ROFLMAO:

Now I gotta know what the Steean Segal thing is

Watched first episode of Curb last night. I always forget how awkward Larry is then get smacked in the face with it within 30 seconds of each season start :bonk:rofl

As a huge Seinfeld fan, I have a confession to make…

I’ve never watched Curb Your Enthusiasm.

:sofa
It's....an acquired taste. Lots of improv dialog from established storylines. It takes a bit to get used to. But if you love Costanza and want to see the fictional account of his inspiration; this is it. It's super meta in it's own way but hilarious. Provided you can get with the way they run the "dialog".

But we're still spending time worshipping sports stars and watching that crap? :unsure::sofa:cop:grin

Yup. 1000% America's true and most observant religion. That and now the gambling on that nonsense
that is going to end up burning down homes and lives in insane numbers.

It's....an acquired taste. Lots of improv dialog from established storylines. It takes a bit to get used to. But if you love Costanza and want to see the fictional account of his inspiration; this is it. It's super meta in it's own way but hilarious. Provided you can get with the way they run the "dialog".
I’m just afraid I’ll keep thinking of George Steinbrenner every time Larry speaks. 😂

Back