What are we watching now?

It's hilarious. But it's also bitter comedy to the extreme and the characters are constantly yelling and berating each other. I can tell it wears my wife out watching it :rofl

Yeah, he's a legend for sure. Maybe I'll jump on the HBO Max bandwagon when I get
done with whatever streaming service I have this month. Peacock?

Oh yeah, finished Twisted Metal last night. I dug it. With the edgy humour and blood
being splattered everywhere I am shocked you didn't get into it. I found it a fun and not
too taxing ride. :idk

Yeah, he's a legend for sure. Maybe I'll jump on the HBO Max bandwagon when I get
done with whatever streaming service I have this month. Peacock?

Oh yeah, finished Twisted Metal last night. I dug it. With the edgy humour and blood
being splattered everywhere I am shocked you didn't get into it. I found it a fun and not
too taxing ride. :idk
I liked the idea of it but just couldn't quite dive in? I think it was a little too light but trying to storybuild beyond it's means once he hit Neve Campbell's compound? I could see myself catching back up and seeing it out to the finish?

There are twists. Character development. Dumb ass killing and cheesy humour. I enjoyed
it probably because it was light and entertaining. I damn sure don't need nothing heavy
in my life to digest right now. :beer

Started what looks to be a great UK crime series on Paramount(?) last night. Sexy Beast. Not sure if it has any bearing towards the killer crime flick with Ben Kingsley of the same name. Only problem is the accents are thick af and there are no subtitles so without cranking the hell out of it and lip reading; it was tough to follow at times.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Started what looks to be a great UK crime series on Paramount(?) last night. Sexy Beast. Not sure if it has any bearing towards the killer crime flick with Ben Kingsley of the same name. Only problem is the accents are thick af and there are no subtitles so without cranking the hell out of it and lip reading; it was tough to follow at times.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America
Thanks for heads up. LOVE that movie!

Really enjoyed the last episode of True Detective, so deleted my post trashing the season for being so boring LOL

Thanks for heads up. LOVE that movie!
Still not sure if it's connected. It's generally pretty "just brutal enough" thus far but in a good way. We're 4 episodes in? Still digging it.
Really enjoyed the last episode of True Detective, so deleted my post trashing the season for being so boring LOL
This is me over-analyzing. So surprising.

I think this season is trying way too hard to get "back to the roots of season 1". Jodie Foster is great as is the kid, but it's greatness to me is a bit overblown. S1 was such a tough act to follow but (other than Vince "I'm way out my league in this" Vaughn); there have been some equally great performances in 2 and 3. I'll follow this season through to the end but I think I'd enjoy it a bazillion times more if every piece of advertisement stopped telling me how much of a tour de force it is.

Did I mention I like to over-analyze things? :oops: :bag :ROFLMAO:

I think he’s also one of the producers. But yeah, it’s not bad at all. I’m enjoying it so far.
I liked the Lethal Weapon series. So I am not immune to things you didn't expect warranting a TV show that end up being really good. I dig him in Atlanta and actually need to catch up on it's last season? The space between seasons on that was enough where I would end up forgetting about it.

I liked the Lethal Weapon series. So I am not immune to things you didn't expect warranting a TV show that end up being really good. I dig him in Atlanta and actually need to catch up on it's last season? The space between seasons on that was enough where I would end up forgetting about it.
Give the first episode a try. There’s a twist towards the end of it that really sucked me right in. So awesome cameos too.

Back