What are we watching now?

How about them there Lions??!! :banana

dance-carrot.gif
dance-carrot.gif
dance-carrot.gif

I can appreciate football after a good number of years watching the Pats slay everyone, but I never watch games on my own and if there’s group watching a game and I’m part of that group, I’m generally just there to drink and rooting for good plays, regardless of the team. Once Brady left the Pats my minimal interest in teams completely evaporated and once the Pats started to play like a normal team, it wasn’t as much fun to watch.

I figured I’d be a good boy last night and shut my brain down a bit earlier than usual, left my studio around 8pm and actually got a hint of excitement that I might find something good to watch before I fell asleep. Ha. At this point I think I’m going to cancel everything but Prime and save myself $60 or $80 a month.

Seems like the bar for TV shows is right around the CW network level. Coming out of the Lost/Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul era certainly left a void in TV for me and it does not seem like anyone is all that interested in making anything compelling. And hell, my own bar is a bunch of people trapped on a tropical island with fucking polar bears and a whole bunch of crazy shit that never really gets the explanation it deserves. :rofl

Loudermilk

It's pretty good. Not great; Not terrible.

Dude's a former RS music critic! He confiscates his neighbor's record collection because he thinks all of it's terrible, except that she has an ELP album, but it's live, and he's like, "They're ok. But horrible in concert. You bought the triple live album." :crazy

She's like, "Ok, I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna apologize for Emerson Lake & Palmer."

"Well I think you just did." :rofl :rofl

:rofl

Last edited:
Kinda trying to hop on the True Detective train this season. It's solid; but I am still sort of wanting to like it more than I actually am? :unsure:

Fire!!

Proof that is not about the number instruments or tracks laid down, but the quality of the writing
and performances. Pat sounds fucking amazeballs fronting what is essentially a Power Trio. Wow!

Edit: They do use some tracks on a few songs. :idk

Last edited:
Started Monsieur Spade on AMC+. Clive Owen stars as semi-retired Sam Spade who heads off to France and gets in some stuff. Mellow first episode with a huge timeline that doesn't feel that way. Good murder mystery vibe. We'll see what happens
:columbo

Just started watching the Foundation series on Apple, and somehow didn't realize before that Jared Harris is Richard Harris' son. They don't look a lot alike, but man, the voice is eerily similar.

I figured I’d be a good boy last night and shut my brain down a bit earlier than usual, left my studio around 8pm and actually got a hint of excitement that I might find something good to watch before I fell asleep. Ha. At this point I think I’m going to cancel everything but Prime and save myself $60 or $80 a month.

Seems like the bar for TV shows is right around the CW network level. Coming out of the Lost/Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul era certainly left a void in TV for me and it does not seem like anyone is all that interested in making anything compelling. And hell, my own bar is a bunch of people trapped on a tropical island with fucking polar bears and a whole bunch of crazy shit that never really gets the explanation it deserves. :rofl
me and the wife are re watching lost, such a great show

me and the wife are re watching lost, such a great show

I had my 3rd or 4th re-watch 2 years ago, every time I catch more foreshadowing or things you’d only know if you’ve watched it before. Ben, in particular, tends to be more compelling each time I’ve watched it.

Fire!!

Proof that is not about the number instruments or tracks laid down, but the quality of the writing
and performances. Pat sounds fucking amazeballs fronting what is essentially a Power Trio. Wow!

Edit: They do use some tracks on a few songs. :idk

Me and the lady did a little staycation in Boulder last weekend seeing my favorite up and coming colorado band, popped the TV on in the hotel afterwards and this was on, killer performance, great watch for the late night come down :cool:

Back