What are we watching now?

@mbenigni it is a prequel to the movie apparently. Not sure how purposeful or faithful to the film it is because I have not seen the film in FOREVER. I do remember loving it though \m/

Not even kidding. Just finished ep 5 of 6. Finally feels warranted to give some praise to this season.
Well, I hear you. Will try to make it till the end. So far I’m not impressed. Looks like they have lost all the noir charm. Feels like the whole crew that makes that series is a completely new one and tried to do their own thing and no tlooking back on the whole legacy of TD. I was very impressed with season 1. Even voted 9/10 on IMDB . Don’t know, I’m may be too picky about cinematography.

Had a friend over for a few days who needed nothing but silly, goofy laughs and I’m thankful it popped in my head- Kenny Vs Spenny. I think it aired briefly on Comedy Central in the 00’s, but it was based out of Canada where they had 6 seasons of it. Two friends challenging each other to stupid contests like “Who can stay naked the longest?” or “Who can drink more beer?”, except one of them always cheats and it’s fucking hilarious.

You can find ‘em on YouTube on Kenny Hotz’ channel. I won’t even post one here because it’s pretty much entirely NSFW.

Well, I hear you. Will try to make it till the end. So far I’m not impressed. Looks like they have lost all the noir charm. Feels like the whole crew that makes that series is a completely new one and tried to do their own thing and no tlooking back on the whole legacy of TD. I was very impressed with season 1. Even voted 9/10 on IMDB . Don’t know, I’m may be too picky about cinematography.
The thing is; I have been generally unfooled by the huge push on how great this season is. Jodie Foster is always great (and the kid gets props from me consistently) but the rest, other than the location and some spots here and there? Not really so much. The whole supernatural in the tundra is LAME in my eyes. Not vibing with it at all.

But

This last episode was like "hey; maybe you should have been trying to be exciting like this the whole damn time?" :hmm :rofl

It is definitely a slow burn out of the gates. We were reeeeeally bored for the most part, which is a weird response to a show that's going to such incredible lengths to be grim and edgy. (Surely the first time I've ever seen a limb shatter off of a frozen pile of naked corpses. Just as a for instance...) But the last couple of episodes got the ball rolling in terms of character and plot development; I'm at least looking forward to the next.

Jodie Foster is legendary of course, but if I've gotta a pick a standout actor in TD4, it's always going to be this guy:

Ep19-Sol.jpg

(The Deadwood context is no accident...)

Got HBO max again. I was a couple seasons behind on Curb so started that again on season 10. Holy shit I forgot how much this show cracks me up

John Hamm shadowing Larry and celebrity spite stores have been the highlights :LOL:

It is definitely a slow burn out of the gates. We were reeeeeally bored for the most part, which is a weird response to a show that's going to such incredible lengths to be grim and edgy. (Surely the first time I've ever seen a limb shatter off of a frozen pile of naked corpses. Just as a for instance...) But the last couple of episodes got the ball rolling in terms of character and plot development; I'm at least looking forward to the next.

Jodie Foster is legendary of course, but if I've gotta a pick a standout actor in TD4, it's always going to be this guy:

Ep19-Sol.jpg

(The Deadwood context is no accident...)
John Hawkes is great. I feel like he has been largely wasted till this last episode though?

This close to sobbing for a character I've been given every reason to despise:

john-hawkes_0.jpg

(Previous episode.)
YES! But then he goes back to the station and makes up some BS and pours a drink and moves on. It's like he's purposely shallow to the detriment of the character.

Kenny Vs Spenny.

Oh man, used to love that show! I grew up nearish to Toronto (where they filmed every episode) and they were basically minor celebrities when I was a kid. The LSD Squid episode is infamous.

My grade 10 science teacher actually knew Kenny (the mean one) but one kid in my class didn't believe him. So my teacher just called him up one day and gave the kid the phone. They talked for a minute and then hung up.

Apparently Kenny said something like "Yes, it's me! The real Kenny Hotz! Also I fucked your dad last night! See ya." :rofl

Oh man, used to love that show! I grew up nearish to Toronto (where they filmed every episode) and they were basically minor celebrities when I was a kid. The LSD Squid episode is infamous.

My grade 10 science teacher actually knew Kenny (the mean one) but one kid in my class didn't believe him. So my teacher just called him up one day and gave the kid the phone. They talked for a minute and then hung up.

Apparently Kenny said something like "Yes, it's me! The real Kenny Hotz! Also I fucked your dad last night! See ya." :rofl

I was always curious how ‘big’ they got in Toronto, with so much of their antics taking place publicly. I went down a rabbit hole last night to see what they were up to these days and about what I expected, they’re touring a KvS show that’s basically Kenny bashing Spenny the whole time, getting the audience to hate Spenny and Spenny to lash out at the audience.

I’d love to catch a show!

Back