What are we watching now?

Pat Benatar's voice is still :love

I think I like it better now. Maybe less smooth and an hint more rasp.

Neil has gone full on rock-a-billy with his live tone, though, and I can't
say I am a fan of the Bigsby and all that Reverb. :idk

Yes, I had to include a minor quibble. :LOL:

I have watched 4 episodes of Twisted Metal on Peacock. It's dumb. I like it. Definitely
the irreverent Deadpool sense of humour. There will be no Emmys handed out here, and
that is just fine. It's meant to be oddball, schlocky and a bit quirky. :crazy

I think I like it better now. Maybe less smooth and an hint more rasp.

Neil has gone full on rock-a-billy with his live tone, though, and I can't
say I am a fan of the Bigsby and all that Reverb. :idk

Yes, I had to include a minor quibble. :LOL:
I normally am not about that Bigsby life at all. As I am sure you have no problem imagining :ROFLMAO: For whatever reason in this context; itseems to work. He hits a lot of in between chords and notes it seems like but then he turns around and makes it seem like jazz that was meant to be there and we just never noticed it in the original recording 40 years ago :columbo

I normally am not about that Bigsby life at all. As I am sure you have no problem imagining :ROFLMAO: For whatever reason in this context; itseems to work. He hits a lot of in between chords and notes it seems like but then he turns around and makes it seem like jazz that was meant to be there and we just never noticed it in the original recording 40 years ago :columbo

I almost feel like some of his note choices and tones have evolved over the years. (Or devolved?)

The band in the ACL show is a lot sparser than I recall it being back in the heyday. They definitely
used and played to some "tracks" at certain points.

Taking nothing away. That's still a choice performance. :chef Made me want to pluck a few PB tunes
and reimagine them with a man singing them. :unsure:

I almost feel like some of his note choices and tones have evolved over the years. (Or devolved?)

The band in the ACL show is a lot sparser than I recall it being back in the heyday. They definitely
used and played to some "tracks" at certain points.

Taking nothing away. That's still a choice performance. :chef Made me want to pluck a few PB tunes
and reimagine them with a man singing them. :unsure:
We've grabbed a few and tried them but without keyboards; they are just hard to pull off. Our vocalist can nail her voice just fine but the keys are a HUGE part as well as the oddball 80s sections that kind of suffer when you boil them down? We do Hit Me because absolute bottom barrel dead horse of a Benatar song that you can play in a coma and pull off.

That's kind of what blew me away about the ACL show. How sparse the band was and how
great the songs sounded. Those are just killer songs, and the stripped down arrangements
kind of highlighted that.

True Detective S4 send good so far. I couldn't hold back, and watched the 3 episodes that have been aired.

Dig the dark overall vibe, as well as the soundtrack. And Jodie Foster, damn she can act.

There's some weirdness with the way Netflix has the episodes tagged. I somehow managed to dive at the beginning of the third season or something like that, and got pretty disoriented before hunting around for S1 E1. A couple of months later a friend of mine watched it and had the exact same experience LOL.

Last edited:
I wondered about this one. I see her only as Ed Oneil's wife in Modern Family and she is awesome in that. To a point I can't see her doing any other role.
Her character in Griselda is completely different. But I was impressed with her performance. Totally unhinged. She’s definitely more talented than I thought.

Back