What are we watching now?

Can't wait to watch it. I've managed to not touch a single episode of the new season so far, saving them all up for binge watching after the finale airs. 😁

Also, the missus and I are currently way deep into The Office (US version), watching for the first time, already nearing the end of season 8. Such a great show, I can't believe I haven't watched that one back in the day. 👌👌👌

PS: The next True Detective season is coming pretty soon! Looking forward to that, despite no involvement by Nic Pizzolatto this time, if I'm not mistaken.

PPS: And how could I forget the (probably) final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's good to have things to watch in this cold and dark time. It's freezing outside, and for me, spring can't come soon enough!
Yeah, I wish we’d saved up the season of Fargo and watched it all in one go. Definitely would have helped with my complaints re: pacing. I also recommend watching it without commercials - the service we were watching on at first had commercial breaks as long as the show segments, and it does a number on tone and inmersion.

Looking forward to True Detective as well!

Talked this one up a bit early on then left it out of the convo for whatever reason. Wrapped up Monarch for the season today. GREAT sci-fi in my book with some excellent performances and great emotion. Plus; Godzilla. :satan :love :satan

Started Dune and got an hour in before bailing. All's it takes is one ridiculously stupid scene to ruin a flick for me sometimes.

So Jason Mamoa is sent ahead to learn about the ways of the Fremen. The rest of the family shows up and he debriefs everyone on what they should know. I think the fact that if a Fremen spits at your feet it's a sign of respect - and not the ULTIMATE SIGN OF CONTEMPT, as it is everywhere else in the universe - would have been a pretty important thing for him to explain beforehand. I know it was done for the slight comic relief but it was just plain dumb.

Oh, not necessarily? Video game adaption. Episodes are quick. Watch one or two and you'll get the gist I think.

The Holdovers. Paul Giamatti is a teacher in the early 70s in an East coast school that has to watch a group of kids who stay back over Christmas break.

Did you see how he celebrated his Golden Globe win? :LOL:

1705331321996.png
1705331351768.png

Last edited:
Just finished the second season of Reacher.

Series before that was Obliterated.
One episode left this season. Good stuff.
True Detective, waiting for S4 release. Amazing series.
Watched the first episode of S4 last night. Good start; I will probably hold off till the rest of the season is up though. Only because this type of show I want to binge, not creep along week to week :nails

One episode left this season. Good stuff.

Watched the first episode of S4 last night. Good start; I will probably hold off till the rest of the season is up though. Only because this type of show I want to binge, not creep along week to week :nails
exactly, better watched like a long good movie.

Back