What are we watching now?

I like my shows. TV and movies sure as f are a waste of time and I watch WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much of it. But there are things that hit my mind and heart just as much as a breathtaking piece of music. So I will gladly partake of those diamonds amongst the time killing turds.

You do know that only silver haired old ladies refer to television programs as 'their shows', right? :rofl

Seriously though, my grandmother use to refer to Lawrence Welk and Gunsmoke as her shows all the time. Hadn't heard anyone say it since!
When my moms soap operas were about to start, she would say "my stories are coming on".

Just watched all 4 episodes of Geddy's show last night. Excellent!!!!

When my moms soap operas were about to start, she would say "my stories are coming on".

Ohhhh man I forgot that I saw that flash by on my Peacock (or was it Paramount?) show trawl the other night! Let us know how it is if you get a chance to give it a go!

Ohhhh man I forgot that I saw that flash by on my Peacock (or was it Paramount?) show trawl the other night! Let us know how it is if you get a chance to give it a go!
Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

You do know that only silver haired old ladies refer to television programs as 'their shows', right? :rofl

Seriously though, my grandmother use to refer to Lawrence Welk and Gunsmoke as her shows all the time. Hadn't heard anyone say it since!

Haha! :LOL:

"Honey, you're programs are on."

Went to see Aquaman 2 last night. It was in reality only an excuse to meet some old friends and go drinking together.

The movie was not as terrible as I thought it would be, but at the same time I would recommend waiting for it to arrive to streaming services and consider it a "I'm doing chores and want to watch something at the same time" movie.

I want the sound effect that one of the octopus creatures makes as my ring tone now.

I like my shows. TV and movies sure as f are a waste of time and I watch WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much of it. But there are things that hit my mind and heart just as much as a breathtaking piece of music. So I will gladly partake of those diamonds amongst the time killing turds.
There's so much content out there that I have had to start making more informed decisions on what to watch or play. There's just not enough time unless you park your ass in front of the TV every night.

I just binge watched 3 seasons of "The Sinner" completely at random. I'm not even sure I like it. It went along the lines of "I think the TFG guys mentioned this" through "this is trashy but what's gonna happen next..." approximately three days later.

COVID has turned my brains into oatmeal. Oatmeal for kids, with little melty dinosaurs in it.

The Sinner is good*

*Bill Pullman mumbles his way through yet it somehow hooks you every damn time. Despite being able to understand completely if someone didn't like it.

The Sinner is good*

*Bill Pullman mumbles his way through yet it somehow hooks you every damn time. Despite being able to understand completely if someone didn't like it.
I mean, I'm averaging a season a day and it's on right now. So it's obvious I'm only pretending I don't like it. :D

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my stories...

I am disappointment. I thought that if Doctor Who ever had to die he would be exterminated in an epic battle with the Daleks, but he has been ingloriously killed by Disney. This last episode is not even for teenagers, it is for kids. It has its good moments, and Tennant brilliant as always, but it is quite puerile.

I am afraid that episodes like the Weeping Angels will never be back again
Weeping Doctor Who GIF by Immersive Everywhere
blink weeping angels GIF by Doctor Who
Probably the greatest Doctor Who episode of all time. The show has always been a mix of stuff for kids and adults, though. Maybe Stephen Moffat will come back to write a few episodes.

There's so much content out there that I have had to start making more informed decisions on what to watch or play. There's just not enough time unless you park your ass in front of the TV every night.

Heck man, I tried letting other guys here do all the work and sifting for me..... and even that was not
enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. :idk

For me. :LOL:

I confess to finding it almost impossible to sit in one place for more than a few minutes at a time.
It has to be spectacular to reel me in.

Back