What are we watching now?

I've just learnt from this video (which I haven't finished, but I will do) that Black Sabbath got their name from the 1962 horror movie of the same name

Now downloading the movie. I cannot wait to see it!
Italian director Mario Bava (A Bay of Blood, Lisa and the Devil, Planet of the Vampires, Hatchet for the Honeymoon...), Boris Karloff and french hoties. What can go wrong?

1702092476690.png

Last edited:
Leave the World Behind on Netflix. I have no clue how good the movie is going to turn out but the Special FX scene that just happened on the beach starting at the 13:30 mark is 100% worth the price of admission alone. WOW! Don't bother with the movie. Just FF to the 12:00 mark and watch for 90 seconds. WOW!

This is and is not a spoiler since it's shown in all the previews.

1701933515345.jpg

EDIT: Actually a pretty damn good movie! Slow burn with lots of WTF moments and what's cool is you don't really find out what's going on until the 2 hour mark of a 2:20 long movie. Priceless ending too. Not so sublime message behind it all that's gonna make ya think some.

Last edited:
Watched a few over the weekend. Merry Little Batman with the kids which turned out to be a great little watch for the season as well as having some cool animation and Rickety Crickets as the Joker.

The new Exorcist turd. Um; I knew it was supposed to be atrocious and was expecting even worse considering it was directed by the idiot who ruined the Halloween franchise (for the 37th time it got ruined), but other than the performances of the main girls; it was ok. Fine for "free"/10.

Leave the World Behind. Disaster film with a message and an ending that was in my mind a failed attempt to be clever after sitting through 2hrs and 10 minutes of anxiety inducing irritation led by annoying performances from Julia Roberts and whoever played Mahershala Ali's daughter. I think if they would have dialed back the baseball bat thwack of deep thought and just concentrated on being suspenseful; I would have enjoyed it much more than I did.

annoying performances from Julia Roberts and whoever played Mahershala Ali's daughter

Pretty sure they were both flat out snotty bitches before the shit hit the fan and that just carried over once they got stuck together.
I give Robert props. Once America's Sweetheart it's nice seeing her take on roles that make her easily dis-likable. And ya gotta admire an ex-sex symbol who's OK letting a camera linger up close on her much older face.

Pretty sure they were both flat out snotty bitches before the shit hit the fan and that just carried over once they got stuck together.
I give Robert props. Once America's Sweetheart it's nice seeing her take on roles that make her easily dis-likable. And ya gotta admire an ex-sex symbol who's OK letting a camera linger up close on her much older face.
I understand that. And I understand the underlying thing between the two of them. It was just a little too on the nose in both directions for me.

an ending that was in my mind a failed attempt to be clever

You talking the actual ending, meaning the final 90 seconds or so of the flick, or them trying to wrap the previous 2 hours of WTF into a neat package with G.H.'s explanation in the car? I thought the bit with the girl/DVD at the end was a chill ending after the immediate previous scene with the mother/daughter.

Leave the World Behind. Disaster film with a message and an ending that was in my mind a failed attempt to be clever after sitting through 2hrs and 10 minutes of anxiety inducing irritation led by annoying performances from Julia Roberts and whoever played Mahershala Ali's daughter. I think if they would have dialed back the baseball bat thwack of deep thought and just concentrated on being suspenseful; I would have enjoyed it much more than I did.

Never pitch ya DVDs :cop

I actually put Leave The World Behind on to fall asleep to last night, can’t remember a single thing about it since I was already falling asleep before I put it on. Some nights I spend 45 minutes deciding what I’ll fall asleep to in 20 seconds.

I actually put Leave The World Behind on to fall asleep to last night, can’t remember a single thing about it since I was already falling asleep before I put it on. Some nights I spend 45 minutes deciding what I’ll fall asleep to in 20 seconds.

Ancient aliens or the like is my typical fall asleep go to

Ancient aliens or the like is my typical fall asleep go to

If it’s not some crazy murder thing on when I wake up, it’s usually that, which is equally infuriating. I LOVED all the ‘aliens?” angles when it first popped up, it was cool to speculate on, but once it became a genre of entertainment I was so sick of it that when I see it now I dismiss it without even paying attention to what they’re saying.

That started the whole overuse of the word “technology” in the discussion of antiquity. Sure, flint and stone is definitely ancient technology, but these hosts will work the word in with something like “And without ever obtaining the technology that ultimately got them through this period, mankind may have never lived past the Neanderthal stage” and it’s just a spear or loincloth with the overall context of the show being “How did they build these giant ass structures?”

If it’s not some crazy murder thing on when I wake up, it’s usually that, which is equally infuriating. I LOVED all the ‘aliens?” angles when it first popped up, it was cool to speculate on, but once it became a genre of entertainment I was so sick of it that when I see it now I dismiss it without even paying attention to what they’re saying.

That started the whole overuse of the word “technology” in the discussion of antiquity. Sure, flint and stone is definitely ancient technology, but these hosts will work the word in with something like “And without ever obtaining the technology that ultimately got them through this period, mankind may have never lived past the Neanderthal stage” and it’s just a spear or loincloth with the overall context of the show being “How did they build these giant ass structures?”
"Could this be the loincloth that aliens wiped their ass on? I guess we will never know...but possibly yes!" :alien:

There’s actually a counter-market to the ancient aliens stuff popping up on YouTube now of legit archeologists debunking a lot of that stuff, which is GREAT, I just wish it didn’t have to happen in the first place. I think anyone interested in that history wants the truth of what actually happened then, but the waters get really muddy when people start inserting BS claims for the sake of views.

Forgot about this one. Watched Killers of the Flower Moon over the weekend. Long but overall good. DiCaprio's weird Godfather Brando jowls with a Sling Blade twist were more than a bit distracting; but a good flick nonetheless.

Haha! All those subliminals getting downloaded and dumped into you while you are in that
highly suggestive hyper-liminal state.

I'd recommend some Yanni instead. :LOL:

There’s actually a counter-market to the ancient aliens stuff popping up on YouTube now of legit archeologists debunking a lot of that stuff, which is GREAT, I just wish it didn’t have to happen in the first place. I think anyone interested in that history wants the truth of what actually happened then, but the waters get really muddy when people start inserting BS claims for the sake of views.

You just nailed the whole Internet/Media experience in less than 17 words. :LOL:

Forgot about this one. Watched Killers of the Flower Moon over the weekend. Long but overall good. DiCaprio's weird Godfather Brando jowls with a Sling Blade twist were more than a bit distracting; but a good flick nonetheless.

Based on a historically accurate and true story. People sure can become some sick fucks. :facepalm

Hahaha I do the same thing!!!

Back