What are we watching now?

Started in on Obituary on Hulu. Basically a UK female take on Dexter. I thought it was going to be a tad more funnys but it's not. That aside; it's still been enjoyable across the board. I dig it.

I just watched, or rather, tried to watch, Leave The World Behind. What a hot mess of a movie. Movies suck these days, in general.

Spoiler- I mean, how far away was the Huxtley's place that the wife and kids didn't at least hear the jet airliner crash?? Or did I get it wrong, and that was part of what he saw foretold to him? I dunno.

I just watched, or rather, tried to watch, Leave The World Behind. What a hot mess of a movie. Movies suck these days, in general.

Spoiler- I mean, how far away was the Huxtley's place that the wife and kids didn't at least hear the jet airliner crash?? Or did I get it wrong, and that was part of what he saw foretold to him? I dunno.

I'm OK with a lot of suspension of disbelief with flicks these days. If I have to accept a mortal chick with a Glock as one of The Avengers I'm OK with the Coast Guard not evacuating the beach long before people would have had to scamper from the freighter running aground.
And the quiet plane crash.

(the suit helps in the former's case)

debmuqv-628c1663-0e84-46d3-af60-b294e1db14f1.gif

Last edited:
I actually put Leave The World Behind on to fall asleep to last night, can’t remember a single thing about it since I was already falling asleep before I put it on. Some nights I spend 45 minutes deciding what I’ll fall asleep to in 20 seconds.
Tony McKenzie is better than Bob Ross for me. Srsly. Total snoozefest.

Just now starting to watch Peripheral on prime. I've gotten to Episode 5 and it's held my attention so far. I've been burned out on the dystopian stuff but I'll see where this one goes.

I find most TV so bad that I have to revert to god damn Cooking Shows time and time again. :brick

At least with those I may come away learning something, versus feeling like I sacrificed time to
the Streaming Gods that I can never recover. :facepalm

:LOL:

Cooking Shows

LOVE all sorts of cooking shows. Was a die hard Top Chef watcher for maybe the first 10 seasons. Have seen every Triple D episode and well as the original Man vs Food. No Reservations, Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Beat Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, Giada, and just about every other Food Network show. Have learned so much about cooking via all of them - even Rachel. Say what you want about her but that girl can cook!

LOVE all sorts of cooking shows. Was a die hard Top Chef watcher for maybe the first 10 seasons. Have seen every Triple D episode and well as the original Man vs Food. No Reservations, Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Beat Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, Giada, and just about every other Food Network show. Have learned so much about cooking via all of them - even Rachel. Say what you want about her but that girl can cook!

No Reservations
is still gold to me. Man, I miss that dude. :(

My time is precious to me. Pretty sure when I die I won't be going, "Man, I should have hung
in there on Fargo longer." :LOL:

I dunno man, I’m a fan enough of the series to say at least finish the first episode :p

I think there’s a degree of mundane boring midwestern buildup to contrast what happens towards the end of the episode…

Last edited:
Back