What are we watching now?

I started watching Our Flag Means Death. Seems amusing, but feels like a series that probably picks up pace after a few more episodes.
I wanted to like it much more than I did? Which was really kinda disappointing.

I started watching Our Flag Means Death. Seems amusing, but feels like a series that probably picks up pace after a few more episodes.

Might not be your thing, but the first episode was the weakest for me (in terms of laughs) - and it just got better and funnier as I got into it. I loved it, but it definitely grew on me.

Watching this. Still on the first episode, but looks kind of cool so far:

Might not be your thing, but the first episode was the weakest for me (in terms of laughs) - and it just got better and funnier as I got into it. I loved it, but it definitely grew on me.
Completed S1 of Our Flag Means Death and the first episode of S2. It's definitely not the best show, but it is amusing and enjoyable nonetheless. I think it could go much further with the premise and go more bonkers with its characters. The pirates running a Nigerian Prince scam on aristocrats was a great gag!

Jessica Jones! Downloading now.
krysten ritter netflix GIF by Jessica Jones

No Leftovers... corn on the cob skewers... creative stuff! :rofl
This has been a long time coming (if you aren't aware). He did a faux trailer for it in that Grindhouse double feature that Tarantino and Rodriguez did back in the day. People were clamoring for an actual movie on it and he got it done a decade plus later.

I loved the original and I’m a biiiiig fan of Tatiana, I’ll check this out but I have my doubts just due to the lack of Tatiana!

I loved the original and I’m a biiiiig fan of Tatiana, I’ll check this out but I have my doubts just due to the lack of Tatiana!
Yeah, she’s an incredible actor. This one was ok. It takes place long after the previous series. There are actually a few returning characters.

Man, if anyone saw The Killer on Netflix and thought “Oh snap, a David Fincher flick, I need to watch that”, don’t bother.

I can only imagine the initial idea for the movie was picked apart in writing rooms, or they shot WAY too much and had to edit the shit out of it. There were aspects of the movie that would pop in from time to time you get the idea they wanted to lay into more, like at one point the character orders some stuff on Amazon and you see his order pop up on the screen, but only that one time so it’s very out of place. Or he does this shit where his dialogue is giving the idea he’s this methodical genius, but he just keeps getting in dumb situations that make zero sense in the context of what they’re trying to sell.

Man, if anyone saw The Killer on Netflix and thought “Oh snap, a David Fincher flick, I need to watch that”, don’t bother.

I can only imagine the initial idea for the movie was picked apart in writing rooms, or they shot WAY too much and had to edit the shit out of it. There were aspects of the movie that would pop in from time to time you get the idea they wanted to lay into more, like at one point the character orders some stuff on Amazon and you see his order pop up on the screen, but only that one time so it’s very out of place. Or he does this shit where his dialogue is giving the idea he’s this methodical genius, but he just keeps getting in dumb situations that make zero sense in the context of what they’re trying to sell.
I liked it to a degree; but stfu and do your job already instead of monologing for 45 minutes before doing anything :wat

I liked it to a degree; but stfu and do your job already instead of monologing for 45 minutes before doing anything :wat

Especially if those monologues do fuck all to set up the scene! It’s like the dude is waxing poetic about a figurative version of himself he does not display once in the movie! :rofl

“8 seconds until blood is flowing down the left ventricle, 17 seconds until dispatch is notified, 30 seconds before an officer is en route, oh i just poop my pants and now the bad guys are gonna get me oh no“

I really wanted to like it, too. I think it was good once it got rolling. But the first 1/3 at least was a slog.

Back