What are we watching now?

Huh? Interesting. That's not even remotely close to what I heard. :idk

It wasn't "Wahhhhh modelers." I don't even think he said "digital" or "modelers". It
was more like "Why is live music so full of pussies---especially FOH engineers and
venues."

Watched the entire thing. Lots of great stuff. Joe pretty much talked
for 2 hours non-stop and Marc and Dave got out of the way and let
him go.

Last edited:
He also talked about how odd the "deck" can be when you are piping all
guitar through IEMs and no cabs on stage. I agree. I have been to shows
like that and you stand right on front of the stage and all you get is drums,
drums, drums. It makes for a fucked up experience.

Now the best place to stand is often the worst----because you are not far back
enough from the stage/deck to get any guitars/bass from the Mains. :facepalm

He jokes he is a "Grumpy Old Man," but damn, I can't help but feel he is fighting
the good fight. Pretty much agree with everything Joe said about live music in this
day and age. He's not wrong, if you ask me. :idk

And most of what he said I have experienced directly. Oh, that Deluxe Reverb on 3
is too loud. I can turn it down, but then I can't be heard over the drums.

The Pussification of Live Music and the Neutering Of Guitarists has been a 20 year
Passion Project for many venues and their douchebag FOH "engineers." :cop

Huh? Interesting. That's not even remotely close to what I heard. :idk
It wasn't "Wahhhhh modelers." I don't even think he said "digital" or "modelers". It
was more like "Why is live music so full of pussies---especially FOH engineers and
venues."

Watched the entire thing. Lots of great stuff. Joe pretty much talked
for 2 hours non-stop and Marc and Dave got out of the way and let
him go.

Me neither, not remotely “Waaaaahhhhh modelers”

@DrewJD82 Watch it again, sober :D

Ah, fair enough. I started it, took a leak and walked back in right after Joe’s opening statement about volume, literally everything they said after that first statement is the same shit they say about modelers on there regularly so I just assumed they were talking shit about modeling again. :rofl

Right after that he talked about how we live in a time when a Princeton is too much for a Theatre.

And why he books his own gigs and doesn't deal with promoters or agents.

And rehearsing with his band in Nashville some guitarists who support Country Artists come
in astounded that he is so loud, and say to Joe, "They let you do that? play that loud?"

Joe replies,. "There is no they." :LOL:

@DrewJD82 Watch it again, sober :D
That made me:
Grounded For Life What GIF by Laff

Sorry @DrewJD82 :grin

I can't seem to find the movie version of this thread so here goes.

I finally got around to catching the dial of destiny the new indy Jones flick. I enjoyed it.
Definitely a bit darker than all the others. Sure there were some plot weirdness but do we really watch these types of films for the plot? Excellent job on the CGI too.

The transition of Wombat from Slippery thief to Mother hen was a little too quick/badly executed for me. Other than that thumbs up.

4 out of 5 stars for me I will definitely watch it again.

Last edited:
Just got done watching The Machine flick on Netflix. I am not a huge fan of Bert Kreischer but this was pretty damn funny. Mark Hammill is awesome.

Been slowly getting through Only Murders In The Building, but I have not been able to pay attention to anything on tv for a few weeks now and I just end up watching the same episodes over and over because I space out.

Been slowly getting through Only Murders In The Building, but I have not been able to pay attention to anything on tv for a few weeks now and I just end up watching the same episodes over and over because I space out.
I like it but not sure I have another season in me to watch. Martin Short is definitely the draw.

Watched Halloween:Ressurection last night. Intro was trope-y af but could have been good actually? But the rest of it was certainly capped off with a career making performance from Busta Rhymes :oops: :rofl

Back