What are we watching now?

Just finished the first season of "Winning Time" on HBO max.

Great show, loved the over the top personalities (the Jerry West character is hysterical and Larry bird makes me laugh just looking at him) and the constant 4th wall breaks. I was hooked after ep 1.

I probably am! What are the characteristics of Lifetime then?
Plots usually wrap around 1 or 2 type characters:
•batshit psycho nanny
•psycho neighbor
•psycho stepfather
•psycho partner
•psycho doctor or nurse
•psycho teacher
•psycho stalker (which could also be any of the above)

I may be missing some, but the majority is a psycho character that will kill your best friend, possibly your mom, all the while acting like you're their best friend. :rofl

Long version, behind the scenes, documentary style. Great quality for the time. :chef

The Vocal Booth sections are priceless! RJD giving other singers production advice
from the Control Room. No pressure! :LOL:

Can really how much of a role compression plays on the Vox in the finished product.

Warning: More pinch harmonics than a Black Label Society show.

Last edited:

Long version, behind the scenes, documentary style. Great quality for the time. :chef

The Vocal Booth sections are priceless! RJD giving other singers production advice
from the Control Room. No pressure! :LOL:

Can really how much of a role compression plays on the Vox in the finished product.

I love this and have watched it many times. When Ronnie basically told Don Dokken to sing with some balls, I was like yup. My one issue with that guy. He always sounded weak AF vocally.

Queuing this up for viewing tonight when I am home, too. :banana

My wife who spent many years in California, including when Y&T were starting to get some traction told me she used to "hang out" with them a bit. I think she's afraid to tell me she banged a couple of em. LOL. She's still beautiful but she was a total smokeshow back then. I mean 2+2? C'mon. Hell I wasnt even in a good band back then and I practically had to scrape the hotties off me every weekend.

fdefef.jpg

Last edited:
I love this and have watched it many times. When Ronnie basically told Don Dokken to sing with some balls, I was like yup. My one issue with that guy. He always sounded weak AF vocally.

Haha! I love me some Don Dokken. Saw Dokken on the Tooth And Nail Tour open for Dio. :chef

I did like Ronnie's other comment to Don. "Don, GQ called. They said they are not interested." :LOL:

Haha! I love me some Don Dokken. Saw Dokken on the Tooth And Nail Tour open for Dio. :chef

I did like Ronnie's other comment to Don. "Don, GQ called. They said they are not interested." :LOL:
Have you guys heard him anytime recently? :oops: He's settled into his unnatural baritone range :wat

Tooth and Nail (besides being a bit of a semi-unheralded masterpiece, imo) is such a killer record. Yeah; it's dated. Yeah they would go much lighter by the time "Burning Like a Flame" :barfrolled around. But he had some great pipes, albeit weak in comparison to dudes like Halford, Tate, Dickenson, etc. He had some great melodies back in the day when he could still sing.

Have you guys heard him anytime recently? :oops: He's settled into his unnatural baritone range :wat

Tooth and Nail (besides being a bit of a semi-unheralded masterpiece, imo) is such a killer record. Yeah; it's dated. Yeah they would go much lighter by the time "Burning Like a Flame" :barfrolled around. But he had some great pipes, albeit weak in comparison to dudes like Halford, Tate, Dickenson, etc. He had some great melodies back in the day when he could still sing.

Yeah, it's sad. Radiation treatment for Cancer, as I recall, fried his Vocal Cords. :(

Tooth And Nail is all Randall RG100 for the guitar tones. George hated it, and I guess he still does. It made me covet one
and it was my main amp in my youth. I even snuck an Randall Half-Stack into my Barracks while in the Military. #truestory

Rebels gonna rebel. :beer

Yeah, it's sad. Radiation treatment for Cancer, as I recall, fried his Vocal Cords. :(
Awww that sucks! I thought he lost his voice before all that went down from smoking and living hard? Too bad either way. He does seem to be a lot more mellow now in interviews vs always fighting with George?

Rough Cutt's first album was actually really good. Shortino had a great voice for that pre-hair metal style.

He lives not far from me. I caught him a couple years ago and I was expecting bad but it was a great show. He had the bass player doing the high stuff. His band is smoking good.

Back