What are we watching now?

Watched the Depp vs Heard doc on Netflix and secretly hoped it would end with both of them getting a life sentence without parole.

God, what a waste of network bandwidth. I feel the same about people’s obsession with Prince Harry and the Duchess (I’d still hit it). Who gives a fuck about any of them?
Man I couldn't agree more. I don't get this obsession people have with that type of shit.

Just finished the one and only season of night sky with JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek.

I thought it was great until I found out there would not be a second season. What a bummer.

Think I am going to dive into Justified.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Do I need to watch previous seasons to catch up to the new season? I am guessing I should.

Welp, I knew it was coming. I've about had it with Suits. The writing is getting utterly stupid.

I'll just say this so as to not give anything away... Once you've watched a few seasons, you get to know the characters. And the the writers writes the most inane shit that those characters just wouldn't do! Or situations that just wouldn't happen the way they write them.

Don't read this unless you're past S5. (Unless you wanna know...)

Oh Harvey gets knocked down by little Mike Ross, after he's purposely taunting him, which, being a guy who boxes, would be expecting a punch coming his way. Or Mike Ross is so damn smart, yet not smart enough to know to just keep to himself in prison?? He figures out all these unique angles to making legal maneuvers, and "grew up watching movies", can quote shit from Shawshank Redemption, yet he still goes and tells his story to his cellmate the very first night he's in prison? And it completely backfires on him. Gimme a fucking break!

Welp, I knew it was coming. I've about had it with Suits. The writing is getting utterly stupid.

I'll just say this so as to not give anything away... Once you've watched a few seasons, you get to know the characters. And the the writers writes the most inane shit that those characters just wouldn't do! Or situations that just wouldn't happen the way they write them.

Oh Harvey gets knocked down by little Mike Ross, after he's purposely taunting him, which, being a guy who boxes, would be expecting a punch coming his way. Or Mike Ross is so damn smart, yet not smart enough to know to just keep to himself in prison?? He figures out all these unique angles to making legal maneuvers, and "grew up watching movies", can quote shit from Shawshank Redemption, yet he still goes and tells his story to his cellmate the very first night he's in prison? And it completely backfires on him. Gimme a fucking break!
As smart as Mike is, he’s kind of a dumbass. He makes the stupidest mistakes through the entire show, only to have Harvey help get him out of it. To top it off, he and Rachael are both ridiculously immature. If it weren’t for Louis, who is in my opinion, one of the best characters in the show, as well as Katrina Bennet (what an absolute hottie), I would have grown bored of it by now. But alas, still chugging through it.

Edit: Oh, and Donna! Her character is an absolute gem!

Katrina, Scottie, that Metro Rail attorney..., lotsa eye candy indeed. Oh, and Zoe!

Yeah, I agree Mike is kinda book-smart w/o common sense, but I still can't buy that plot line in Ep1 S6.

And yes, Louis is a very complex character. They write him very well, imo.

Do I need to watch previous seasons to catch up to the new season? I am guessing I should.
Not necessarily. Some wrap up things might have some bang for you but you could do this on it's own? Finished it up last night. No bean spilling but it turned out pretty damn good I'd say.

I was waiting for this post to come! When I was reading this thread yesterday I thought “Shit, maybe I’m not remembering the ending like I thought I was? Maybe I’ll re-watch it….” but ya just hadn’t gotten there yet.

I can’t remember if they changed writers or what the deal was, but yeah, it was a pretty steep drop off from what it once was.

Back