What are we watching now?

Think I am going to dive into Justified.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

I just reactivated my Hulu account last night and burned through some Dave and Rick And Morty, I might roll onto Justified next.

Suits' recurring themes:

"Well I CAN'T GD do anything about your problem!! I'm sorry."
"But you're forgetting the fact that you owe me."
"In that case, I'll do it." :rolleyes: :sleep:

Like the most adamant refusal on the part of the first person, then the stupidest, most minor comment makes them change their mind.

I'm somewhere in S6, but it's quickly losing its appeal to me.

My wife just had me watching some Lifetime movie.:rofl
I swear they just recycle the same 5 plots for the last 20 years.

Fireman. Stray Dog. Dog leads Fireman back to a Woman newly widowed who moved
back to her hometown to tend to her dying Father.

I wonder what happens next? :idk

Suits' recurring themes:

"Well I CAN'T GD do anything about your problem!! I'm sorry."
"But you're forgetting the fact that you owe me."
"In that case, I'll do it." :rolleyes: :sleep:
Don’t forget about that “aha” moment about a case that Mike always gets during some random conversation. Suits is not really suited for binge watching IMO.

Don’t forget about that “aha” moment about a case that Mike always gets during some random conversation. Suits is not really suited for binge watching IMO.
Yeah. I still believe that with the utter glut of streaming services these days, and the need to keep a constant flow of ideas coming in, the quality of the writing is simply diluted. "The smart people in the world become lawyers. The really smart people become traders."

About 2/3s of the way through Beau is Afraid. I'm a big fan of Ari Aster. This one is definitely pushing the weirdness to new levels :LOL:

Its probably too smart for me and I probably should be on more drugs for the rest of the film (3hr run time) But I recommend it if you like surreal weird shit

I found a great YouTube channel for ancient civilization stuff that’s not a bunch of “aliens” bullshit.

I started with the Incas last night and plan on burning through all of these. What I particularly dig about it is that when the narrator does speculate, he cites his reasoning and makes it clear it’s speculation. With the Incas in particular, 99% of what we know about them came from the Spaniards who wiped them out, which isn’t exactly going to be the most accurate tale of everything.

What I love hearing the most in these documentaries is the “….scientists commonly believed this only dated back 10,000 years ago, but carbon dating shows it to be closer to 100,000 years….” and it seems every year we’re finding evidence that humans have been around a lot longer and had their shit together long before expected. The estimated build dates of these ancient structures rarely lines up logically with where scientists believe human advancement was at during the time.

Dug up some good semi-classics to watch with the boy over the long holiday. Rewatched Breakdown with Kurt Russel. I've seen it 50 times but it never fails to get my blood boiling and have me yelling at the screen :cuss:rofl Great late 90s thriller.

I found a great YouTube channel for ancient civilization stuff that’s not a bunch of “aliens” bullshit.

I started with the Incas last night and plan on burning through all of these. What I particularly dig about it is that when the narrator does speculate, he cites his reasoning and makes it clear it’s speculation. With the Incas in particular, 99% of what we know about them came from the Spaniards who wiped them out, which isn’t exactly going to be the most accurate tale of everything.

What I love hearing the most in these documentaries is the “….scientists commonly believed this only dated back 10,000 years ago, but carbon dating shows it to be closer to 100,000 years….” and it seems every year we’re finding evidence that humans have been around a lot longer and had their shit together long before expected. The estimated build dates of these ancient structures rarely lines up logically with where scientists believe human advancement was at during the time.

Nice! There's some GREAT stuff on Youtube. I've been watching some documentaries and some history. Really good stuff!

Yesterday I watched a nice rundown/breakdown on the collapse of the Soviet Union and how each Republic and their
people have had a different take/relationship with Russia since. Some long for the return, and others not so much. Really
interesting to see a break down of all the various -istans. :idk

Afterwards it makes you feel smarter, rather than consuming so much of that dumbed down drivel that masquerades as "entertainment." :facepalm

My wife just had me watching some Lifetime movie.:rofl
I swear they just recycle the same 5 plots for the last 20 years.
Act 1: Lady working <job> experiences <event>, moves to <place> to figure things out. Lady meets some zany characters.
Act 2: Lady meets handsome dude. Dude works <job> and lives in <unusual place>. Lady slowly falls in love with man when she sees him do <thing A, B and C>.
Act 3: Lady and dude have a misunderstanding and lady storms off. Zany characters talk with lady. Lady and dude manage to fix their issue by you know, actually talking to each other. Lady and dude live supposedly happily ever after.

Just watched Shane Gillis stand up special on Netflix. If you are a fan of offensive humor; give it a watch. I've never watched any of this guy's stuff prior but it was hilarious.

Damnit! I forgot to watch this when I got home yesterday!

Back