What are we watching now?

Is Expanse any good? The 6 seasons has kind of scared me off.

Maybe I'll watch Good Omens. The 1st season wasn't too bad.

Wheel Of Time?? :idk

There’s a bunch of dudes on another forum who are really into Expanse and it has good ratings on IMDB, but I haven‘t been able to get past the first couple episodes despite trying several times now. The first couple episodes jump from person to person and you’re never getting to know anyone or anything, nothing feels related and the while I don’t recall the acting being horrible, there wasn’t one single character who made me think “I want to see what this person is up to”, they could have called the episodes I watched “Random People Doing Random Shit In The Future Shitty Moon Space Whatever Parts I, II and III” and it would have been appropriate.

I’m going to give it another shot though, I love sci-fi stuff and there’s enough episodes to keep me away from my guitar for a whole other month!

Haha! That sounds vaguely like my past experience. I don't think I made it through the 2nd episode of season 1.

FROM on Paramount anyone one have a theory on what those monsters are ?, so far most plausible from legends seems to be some sort of evil Celtic Faye

In no particular order and covering sub-genres:

Devs, Fringe, For All Mankind, Foundation, Lost, Westworld, The X-Files, Dark, Orphan Black, The OA, Tales From The Loop, The Last of Us…

I could go on all day.

I shall make a special mention to Humans
1692060382924.jpeg

And The Man in the High Castle, and, and... as you say, the list could go on all day
Season1Promo.jpg

I just finished Painkiller on Netflix. Not a Judas Priest documentary, but a docu-drama on Oxycontin. Next to Hulu’s Dopesick, it sucks. It’s the after school special version of the story.

but I haven‘t been able to get past the first couple episodes despite trying several times now. The first couple episodes jump from person to person and you’re never getting to know anyone or anything
Haha! That sounds vaguely like my past experience. I don't think I made it through the 2nd episode of season 1.
Same. I might give it another go some time.

Is Expanse any good? The 6 seasons has kind of scared me off.

Wheel Of Time?? :idk
Expanse is very good!

Wheel of Time is...so so. I hear it's pretty crap if you have read the books. I found it entertaining enough, not having read the books. Still more of a "will watch if nothing better is available" show.

And The Man in the High Castle, and, and... as you say, the list could go on all day
View attachment 9904
I have watched The Man In the High Castle all the way through and while the premise is excellent and there are some strong performances...it's honestly in many ways a poorly written show where people do things that make little sense. Still fun tho.

In no particular order and covering sub-genres:

Devs, Fringe, For All Mankind, Foundation, Lost, Westworld, The X-Files, Dark, Orphan Black, The OA, Tales From The Loop, The Last of Us…

I could go on all day.
I've been meaning to give For All Mankind a go.

For anyone who has not seen Westworld, just watch the first season and leave it at that. The subsequent ones do not improve upon it, just leave you disappointed. The first season works perfectly as a standalone story and is great.

Foundation has been a bit hit and miss for me. I'm really loving the Empire plotlines but otherwise not that into it.

I watched 2 episodes of The English last night. I liked it. Has a bit of Hallmark-vibe.... but what
doesn't at this point. :LOL:

It's really a riff on colonialism, conquest, rape, and racism centered around a well-heeled
English woman hell bent on vengeance. Beautifully shot. And Emily Blunt. What could be
wrong about that. :chef

I've been meaning to give For All Mankind a go.
The space nerd in me enjoys it.
For anyone who has not seen Westworld, just watch the first season and leave it at that. The subsequent ones do not improve upon it, just leave you disappointed. The first season works perfectly as a standalone story and is great.
I couldn’t agree more. It seemed to lose its charm after the first few seasons.

I couldn’t agree more. It seemed to lose its charm immediately after the 1st season.

FTFY. To be fair, the 2nd season may have been good, but I have no memory of it other than the fact it had some samurais in it. That show is a bigger disappointment than Dexter was, at least Dexter had a great run until it turned to shit, Westworld just got you loaded up on excitement and wonder for season 1 then went who fuckin’ knows where with the seasons after.

I’ve still watched it hoping it’ll return to S1, the last season wasn’t bad but it’s so far away from that first season it may just be one of those “They lowered the bar so far that picking it up an inch is enough” kinda ways.

FTFY. To be fair, the 2nd season may have been good, but I have no memory of it other than the fact it had some samurais in it.
I’ve struggled to watch any of the more recent seasons. I guess I just lost interest or it failed to capture my attention.

Back