What are we watching now?

FTFY. To be fair, the 2nd season may have been good, but I have no memory of it other than the fact it had some samurais in it. That show is a bigger disappointment than Dexter was, at least Dexter had a great run until it turned to shit, Westworld just got you loaded up on excitement and wonder for season 1 then went who fuckin’ knows where with the seasons after.

I’ve still watched it hoping it’ll return to S1, the last season wasn’t bad but it’s so far away from that first season it may just be one of those “They lowered the bar so far that picking it up an inch is enough” kinda ways.

Nothing with Rachel Evans Wood in it is a disappointment. :chef

Well, sonofabitch. Here I am watching both “Billions” and “Suits” on and off. I start season 2 of Suits, and low and behold, there’s David Constabile. Two shows at the same time with goddamn Gale Boetticher. 😂

IMG_1475.gif

Last edited:
I'm almost through S4 of Suits, and I swear the theme for most of the plots can be Aesop's The Boy Who Cried Wolf fable. Truly.
Well, sonofabitch. Here I am watching both “Succession” and “Suits” on and off. I start season 2 of Suits, and low and behold, there’s David Constabile. Two shows at the same time with goddamn Gale Boetticher. 😂

View attachment 9960
"Earth below us..." haha

He's also in Billions, which I liked the first couple seasons of, then it fell off.

We are on the 2nd season of Hannibal and man that show was something else! It's one of those "every frame a painting" type things where despite not having modern HDR or 4K and whatnot it just looks so good because the sets, effects etc really have stood the test of time. Not to mention the writing and acting is overall just fantastic.

It sucks that such a great show was cancelled. I hope they still manage to make a 4th season or at least a movie some day, considering both Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy have said they are interested in reprising their roles.

Bryan Fuller can't seem to get a break, because American Gods also got cancelled despite being a well made and pretty good adaptation of Neil Gaiman's book. The book is weird enough in itself that adapting it to TV is not easy so the show jumps around a bit too much.

I've been wanting to watch more TV shows but never seem to have time (which sounds silly). So I decided to start watching some shows in the background while working from home. We'll see if that's a good or bad idea.

Anyways, I'm watching King of the Hill which I don't think I've seen since the first couple years it was on TV. As funny as I remembered it. I've got a lot of old TV series to get through...

I'd have to agree. My old man used to say when a character really makes you dislike him/her, means they're a great actor. I don't like his character, but ya can't deny he does a fantastic job. His little facial looks and all.
Have you made it to season 4 yet?

Holy shit has S5 Suits gotten intense!! Louis is such an absolute POS, no POFilth. But they're really developing the characters, and the writing is excellent. (other than Mike Ross not already knowing who the lawyer is that knows "about him." That's pretty thin, considering he always knows everything.)

We are in late S2 of Suits. I do really like it but find time to watch an episode once every couple of days. So a lot of semi-backtracking happens for me.

Been watching Shelter on Amazon. Good sort of teen crime drama so far.

Back