What are we watching now?

I mean, there’s the Inception, Pi, Clockwork Orange, etc kind of WTF? that’s great, I love that stuff. Gore WTF? I can’t do anymore, which I think is interesting because that stuff never even registered to me before, but the realistic gore I just can’t do. Totally fine with stuff like Kill Bill, but I guarantee I could not make it through Hostel right now and I used to love grossing people out with that movie.

Dead Ringers isn’t really horror gore, pretty sure those were all legit procedures but they show everything and the way a particuliar scene was edited was, hahah that was too much for me. I can’t see the inside of bodies, man. My ex used to watch surgery videos and I just get limp, like if someone ever wanted to rob me very easily, they can just show me a surgery video and I’ll turn to jello.
Hostel (1) is trashy perfection :chef Looking forward to Roth doing Thanksgiving

I mean, there’s the Inception, Pi, Clockwork Orange, etc kind of WTF? that’s great, I love that stuff. Gore WTF? I can’t do anymore, which I think is interesting because that stuff never even registered to me before, but the realistic gore I just can’t do. Totally fine with stuff like Kill Bill, but I guarantee I could not make it through Hostel right now and I used to love grossing people out with that movie.

Dead Ringers isn’t really horror gore, pretty sure those were all legit procedures but they show everything and the way a particuliar scene was edited was, hahah that was too much for me. I can’t see the inside of bodies, man. My ex used to watch surgery videos and I just get limp, like if someone ever wanted to rob me very easily, they can just show me a surgery video and I’ll turn to jello.

I think I’m desensitized to the whole birth thing… I think I may have watched my younger sister being born when I was 5 and my other sister has had 12 kids almost all home births :wat

Hahahaha I’m down just because it takes place in Plymouth. That trailer is 7 years old, guess he’s being really picky about the editing!
It was a fake trailer in Tarantino/Rodriguez's Grindhouse. People were screaming at him to make the d@mn thing for years. He finally started shooting and it just wrapped.

Done with Beef. Last episode was questionable but overall good. Talk about things going nutso :eek:

I started this last night, I’m on episode 8 now. I dig it overall, just kinda wish it stayed more on the comedy side than the drama side. I tried watching one of Wong’d specials before and couldn’t do it, so I was happy to get some chuckles out of her in this. Was stoked to see the other main dude actually playing guitar!

Lucky Hank

Just 5:00 in and I’m already hooked. I mean, Bob Odenkirk?

IMG_0511.gif

this, Learning scene controllers

Sure is cumbersome and less functional compared to Helix Snapshots

:idk

Last edited:
I got about a 1/4 of the way into the last episode of Beef, had just had my afternoon smoke and had to stop it. @JiveTurkey, definitely not wrong about things escalating into craziness. I was just too baked to go from the occasional chuckle to “Oh sh*t….I don’t think that’s how safe rooms are supposed to work” :rofl

Lucky Hank

View attachment 7032
I wondered about this one? I will probably give it a go when it's all out to binge.
this, Learning scene controllers

Sure is cumbersome and less functional compared to Helix Snapshots

:idk

With FAS control; it's like you have to wipe your mind. My default switch layout is a combination of 1:1 controls (effect engage/ bypass), control switches for combinations of random parameters and scenes for basic state changes when that's "all" you want/need. It takes a bit to wrap your mind around it.
I got about a 1/4 of the way into the last episode of Beef, had just had my afternoon smoke and had to stop it. @JiveTurkey, definitely not wrong about things escalating into craziness. I was just too baked to go from the occasional chuckle to “Oh sh*t….I don’t think that’s how safe rooms are supposed to work” :rofl
that squish o_O

Lucky Hank has kept me one foot in, one foot out. It didn’t get really good until the 3rd episode but then diverted back to just floating along. It’s summarized as a college professor in his midlife crisis but it’s really just a college professor with daddy issues. If it weren’t Odenkirk playing the role I wouldn’t have bothered going back to it but I’ll keep going just because of him.

Lucky Hank

View attachment 7032
I love Bob Odenkirk, but I'm having a hard time getting into this one. (We're stalled maybe 2 or 3 episodes in?) His character is great when it has its moments, but elsewhere... I almost feel like you have to be a member of university faculty/ admin to properly appreciate some (much) of the dialog. Otherwise OMG :sleep:. And I get that the students are intentionally cringe, but either way they're pretty hard to endure.

I started this last night, I’m on episode 8 now. I dig it overall, just kinda wish it stayed more on the comedy side than the drama side. I tried watching one of Wong’d specials before and couldn’t do it, so I was happy to get some chuckles out of her in this. Was stoked to see the other main dude actually playing guitar!
Yeah, I don't like her standup routine at all, but I love her performance (thus far, only about 3 episodes, no spoilers!) in this. BEEF has been described as dark comedy but I don't really feel much comedy happening at all. More of a slightly overstated slice of life social commentary. It's enough to make me wonder whether the standup I disliked was even intended to be "standup" in the first place.

I love Bob Odenkirk, but I'm having a hard time getting into this one. (We're stalled maybe 2 or 3 episodes in?) His character is great when it has its moments, but elsewhere... I almost feel like you have to be a member of university faculty/ admin to properly appreciate some (much) of the dialog. Otherwise OMG :sleep:. And I get that the students are intentionally cringe, but either way they're pretty hard to endure.
I couldn't stay in on BCS with it's seemingly 3 years between seasons. This might be a tough one for me to dive into. I'll prbably give an episode a go and see how it does. For some dumb reason; we are in a show hole and I'm now forcing us to watch Kolchak: The NightStalker for reasons I am not quite sure of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I couldn't stay in on BCS with it's seemingly 3 years between seasons. This might be a tough one for me to dive into. I'll prbably give an episode a go and see how it does. For some dumb reason; we are in a show hole and I'm now forcing us to watch Kolchak: The NightStalker for reasons I am not quite sure of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed on BCS... I don't think I could handle starting over from scratch again, even though I think it might be necessary. But I actually don't even know where I'm at if I wanted to just dive back in :idk

Agreed on BCS... I don't think I could handle starting over from scratch again, even though I think it might be necessary. But I actually don't even know where I'm at if I wanted to just dive back in :idk
I am not sure where I stopped. I know I should LOVE it but it is too low key and infrequent in how it came out for my taste.

I am not sure where I stopped. I know I should LOVE it but it is too low key and infrequent in how it came out for my taste.

I highly recommend sticking with it, even if you need to recap a season. It’s worth it by the end, 100%.

I had the hardest time getting into that show, I think I saw that first episode 10x before I finally stuck with it, but I did the same thing with Breaking Bad. I still dig BB more but it’s a lot more of an intense show, but BCS certainly had it’s moments, especially the last two seasons.

Hell, I’m sure there’s some YouTube recaps that can get you back to a good starting place fairly quickly.

I highly recommend sticking with it, even if you need to recap a season. It’s worth it by the end, 100%.

I had the hardest time getting into that show, I think I saw that first episode 10x before I finally stuck with it, but I did the same thing with Breaking Bad. I still dig BB more but it’s a lot more of an intense show, but BCS certainly had it’s moments, especially the last two seasons.

Hell, I’m sure there’s some YouTube recaps that can get you back to a good starting place fairly quickly.
Once I step away from show; I have a H#LL of a time getting back into it. If a show continues on but they reach a great stopping point at the end of a season; I am always good with stopping while the stopping is good, too. I'll try an circle back around on this one at some point.

Back