What are we watching now?

Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. It got surprisingly dark with some really disturbing creature designs. I did not like how the first half basically everyone is angrily yelling at everyone. It's pretty hit and miss but I get they didn't want to just repeat the formula Marvel has shoehorned into so many of their films.

Jexi is kinda funny. And kinda telling in how the phone assistant wants to "fix" him, then becomes a crazy jealous nut-job. Never seen that before.
But the "chick-flick" part of it had me picking up my guitar, and just letting it play in the background. :rolleyes:

Going through all the John Wick flicks today, at least 1-3. I actually paid attention to the first one this time, pretty sure I’ve seen it at least 5x but I have to be in the right mood for action flicks like this. Fortunately, I’m in that mood today! Hahaha I wonder if they have some kind of death/injury generator where they input different weapons, body parts and injuries to keep coming up with new ways to kill people. I just started the third and was crackin’ up at the f*ckin’ library book. :ROFLMAO:

Haha! It's Riverdance in the form of a flurry of hand to hand combat and a rain of bullets.

Hollywood would not exist as it has without millions of inept, nameless assassins. Suspension of disbelief
required with proof of entry. :LOL:

Picked a few rando Chapelle show episodes to watch. Oprah Baby Daddy. R Kelly. P Diddy Making the Band. Also the episode with Snoop as a special guest. Him rapping Deep Cover and then Tyrone Biggums coming out and rapping "it's 187 on a mother******* rock" and I was literally dying :rofl :rofl :rofl Still the GOAT \m/

Picked a few rando Chapelle show episodes to watch. Oprah Baby Daddy. R Kelly. P Diddy Making the Band. Also the episode with Snoop as a special guest. Him rapping Deep Cover and then Tyrone Biggums coming out and rapping "it's 187 on a mother******* rock" and I was literally dying :rofl :rofl :rofl Still the GOAT \m/

Man, I love going back to those shows I watched in high school that had me dying just to re-live it again. Sometimes they’re even funnier the 2nd time around.

And I can’t believe Always Sunny is still going. That’s a perfect example of what I said above, I started watching older episodes last year and was f*cking dying. I’m not sure anything will ever be funnier than-
danny-devito-out-of-the-couch.gif

Man, I love going back to those shows I watched in high school that had me dying just to re-live it again. Sometimes they’re even funnier the 2nd time around.

And I can’t believe Always Sunny is still going. That’s a perfect example of what I said above, I started watching older episodes last year and was f*cking dying. I’m not sure anything will ever be funnier than-
danny-devito-out-of-the-couch.gif
Both of these shows are gonzo af and that's what makes them legendary. I know we are in a much more sensitive time now but this kind OTT comedy is the best.

Finally finished BEEF the other night. The Carlito's Way ending was borderline deus ex machina - but also a reminder that all the characters were broken in varying degrees. I could have done without the talking crows bit. That was a bit hoaky IMO, inconsistent with the tone/ production elsewhere.

Otherwise, really strong throughout.

Funniest line: "Peninsulas. That's what's up?"

Finally finished BEEF the other night. The Carlito's Way ending was borderline deus ex machina - but also a reminder that all the characters were broken in varying degrees. I could have done without the talking crows bit. That was a bit hoaky IMO, inconsistent with the tone/ production elsewhere.

Otherwise, really strong throughout.
You just finished it? :hmm:rofl

You just finished it? :hmm:rofl
Yeah, well there's this kind of Catch-22 with me and TV Series. If I don't like them enough, I never get back on the treadmill. But if I like them too much, then I think, "Oh my wife needs to watch this, too!" And then two things happen: a) I never get back on the treadmill, and b) I don't get to continue watching until she's convinced, not too busy, not too tired, etc.

tl;dr - just finished LOL.

Yeah, well there's this kind of Catch-22 with me and TV Series. If I don't like them enough, I never get back on the treadmill. But if I like them too much, then I think, "Oh my wife needs to watch this, too!" And then two things happen: a) I never get back on the treadmill, and b) I don't get to continue watching until she's convinced, not too busy, not too tired, etc.

tl;dr - just finished LOL.

I hear that 100%!

Hahaha when I’d find a new show I thought my ex would be into I’d tell her, “I’m going to give you until the end of this week to watch this, if you don’t, I’m watching it on my own” We had established shows we’d only watch together, but for new stuff I got tired of waiting months to watch something.

I hear that 100%!

Hahaha when I’d find a new show I thought my ex would be into I’d tell her, “I’m going to give you until the end of this week to watch this, if you don’t, I’m watching it on my own” We had established shows we’d only watch together, but for new stuff I got tired of waiting months to watch something.
To be fair... My wife's always asking me, "You wouldn't be interested in watching this would you?" She (unlike myself) likes to watch stuff in the background when she's working, so wants to know what she can assume I won't watch. And probably too often I'll tell her, "Yeah, that looks interesting..." even though I'm only half-interested and the mood never really strikes. So she's got all kinds of stuff she's been waiting for me to watch forever.
:sofa

To be fair... My wife's always asking me, "You wouldn't be interested in watching this would you?" She (unlike myself) likes to watch stuff in the background when she's working, so wants to know what she can assume I won't watch. And probably too often I'll tell her, "Yeah, that looks interesting..." even though I'm only half-interested and the mood never really strikes. So she's got all kinds of stuff she's been waiting for me to watch forever.
:sofa

hahahah definite role reversal there between you and us. I also tend to watch things in the background if I’m not hugely interested. I can’t have pure silence at any given point, the tinnitus will get to me and though I’ve never been diagnosed, I fully believe I’d be diagnosed ADD if tested, so keeping a documentary on or something with dialogue in the background helps me focus on what I’m doing more. I know that sounds strange, but it’s like I can send the ADD part of my brain to the documentary while the rest of me gets sh*t done. :rofl

Watched Sisu last night. Finnish film about some killing machine who lives out in the middle of nowhere and ends up crossing paths with a bunch of Nazis. Absurd in the best of ways. Bloody and ridiculous to perfection. From the guys who did that whacked out "Christmas film" years ago (Rare Exports). Killer flick.

Watched Sisu last night. Finnish film about some killing machine who lives out in the middle of nowhere and ends up crossing paths with a bunch of Nazis. Absurd in the best of ways. Bloody and ridiculous to perfection. From the guys who did that whacked out "Christmas film" years ago (Rare Exports). Killer flick.
Gotta see that, I love movies that are absurd and ridiculous but made as if it was serious and real.

Gotta see that, I love movies that are absurd and ridiculous but made as if it was serious and real.
I saw the trailer for it a few weeks back and put it on my mental queue. I dug the heck out of it. It's certainly absurd :ROFLMAO: but is perfect for that reason \m/

Just watched through the Avatar movies with the kids… I mean… I guess they’re ok (kids are not ok… they feel bad for being humans now)
I remember the first being quite impressive back when it came… but this new one “way of the water”…. Damn my eyes were really tired after 3 hours of super ridiculously well made animations mixed with real stuff….
Anyway… it’s really an eye beater on a 4K screen. Basically I enjoyed every minute of this eye candy stuff. But it also made me ignore the actual content which was… sometimes to much of nothing…

Still… perfectly fine watching just because the quality.

Just watched The Judge, with Robert Downey, Jr. and Robert Duvall. Man, talk about a movie that makes you reexamine your relationship with your father!
Especially one similar to their's, like mine was.

Fantastic flick!

Back