What are we watching now?

Went to Evil Dead Rise on Friday. Wasn't sure what the angle was going to be on this. It starts in one direction then makes a left turn for the majority of the film. Gory as F once it gets going, pretty damn jumpy in all the right ways. Really good and super creepy on top of that. FX are great and there is almost a callback to the Thing at one point. Performances were exactly what they need to be as well. I really enjoyed it.

Went to Evil Dead Rise on Friday. Wasn't sure what the angle was going to be on this. It starts in one direction then makes a left turn for the majority of the film. Gory as F once it gets going, pretty damn jumpy in all the right ways. Really good and super creepy on top of that. FX are great and there is almost a callback to the Thing at one point. Performances were exactly what they need to be as well. I really enjoyed it.

Good to know. I had something come up and haven't gone to see it yet.

I’m rewatching Orphan Black. Tatiana Maslaney kills it in this, about 14x over. I honestly forget that I’m watching the same person when she’s doing scenes with herself. Story is pretty great and all the main actors really do a great job, aside from a couple cops who feel like outsiders the whole time, maybe it was intentional. As with most shows that start off pretty intense and/or have several simultaneous storylines, it hits some cheese/jumps shark on occasion but usually dials itself back with the main plot. Kinda like a video game; some side missions aren’t nearly as fun as the main story.

I’m rewatching Orphan Black. Tatiana Maslaney kills it in this, about 14x over. I honestly forget that I’m watching the same person when she’s doing scenes with herself. Story is pretty great and all the main actors really do a great job, aside from a couple cops who feel like outsiders the whole time, maybe it was intentional. As with most shows that start off pretty intense and/or have several simultaneous storylines, it hits some cheese/jumps shark on occasion but usually dials itself back with the main plot. Kinda like a video game; some side missions aren’t nearly as fun as the main story.
Yes - we loved it. She was amazing!!

I just watched The Diplomat and really enjoyed it. Lots of "spin" goes on behind the scenes in our governments, which I think was probably portrayed fairly accurately. Great flick for someone like me who likes good dramas.

I totally forgot about that show. It’s been quite a few years, but it was really good from what I remember. Not sure if I ever even finished the series. I may have to rewatch it.

Oh and my sister told me Your Honor just added season 2, so that's next.
IMG_1125.gif

We finished the final season of Snowfall last week. I was sorry to see it end. Lots of compelling characters, and for “a man of a certain age” that whole ‘80s LA gangsta vibe is oddly reminiscent.

We finished the final season of Snowfall last week. I was sorry to see it end. Lots of compelling characters, and for “a man of a certain age” that whole ‘80s LA gangsta vibe is oddly reminiscent.
I tried first few episodes thinking I'd love it for these same reasons but couldn't get into it. My son was telling me I need to revisit it so I might :unsure:

Finished up S2 of Perry Mason. I was pleasantly surprised. This show is very low key, generally speaking. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Seen ‘em all

Season four the actor that plays Ham. Burger just disappeared for a few episodes because he got caught smoking the icky sticky hydroponic khronic …

Of course there’s all the stuff about Raymond Burr… Which is pretty funny for Hollywood during those days. Love his films too.

Seen ‘em all

Season four the actor that plays Ham. Burger just disappeared for a few episodes because he got caught smoking the icky sticky hydroponic khronic …

Of course there’s all the stuff about Raymond Burr… Which is pretty funny for Hollywood during those days. Love his films too.
I'm talking about the new PM series on HBO with dude from the Americans and Shea Whiggam(sp?). I dig Raymond Burr but never watched the OG.

I'm talking about the new PM series on HBO with dude from the Americans and Shea Whiggam(sp?). I dig Raymond Burr but never watched the OG.
I see … slow here …

There are eight seasons of the original show… They’re excellent. I love the first four years.

I tried first few episodes thinking I'd love it for these same reasons but couldn't get into it. My son was telling me I need to revisit it so I might :unsure:
Lots of good performances, excellent "period accurate" sets - to whatever extent you can differentiate '80s LA from 2020's anywhere else. :D

I started watching "BEEF" on NetFlix on the treadmill yesterday. Wasn't expecting much ("oh boy, another road rage story") but I'm 3 episodes in already and I'm hooked. The writing is smart, the acting is superb. Not sure where it's headed but so far so good.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand apparently there's a big scandal involving a cast member (David Choe) that I didn't know about until 5 seconds ago. Because of course there is. Ah well, I still like the show. Including his performance. So far.

Back