What are we watching now?

I started watching What We Do In The Shadows. Idk why type of humor it is but I'm thoroughly enjoying it when I feel like I shouldn't
It's such a great show.

In similar vein, Wellington Paranormal is a lot of fun too. It's basically if "Cops" and "X-Files" got smashed together and set in New Zealand.

It's such a great show.

In similar vein, Wellington Paranormal is a lot of fun too. It's basically if "Cops" and "X-Files" got smashed together and set in New Zealand.
Great show! I need to get back to this one.

Night Agent on Netflix is pretty good. Spy thriller that keeps you guessing.

The story kept me interested while the acting and dialogue heavily fought against that until the 6th episode or so when the story admitted defeat and the bad acting/dialogue did their victory walk.

Spotlight

Tremendous movie, the kind of flick I really like. It's about the Boston Globe breaking the story of the coverup of systemic abuse of kids by priests in the Catholic church, and it portrays the story in a multi-faceted way. Reminds me of that saying, Evil is allowed to triumph when good people do nothing.

Took one of the sons to see Dungeons and Dragons yesterday. Exactly what I expected but quite enjoyed it. Chris Pine providing the comic relief generally speaking and some good battles and scenery. I will be interested to see if they can generate enough $ to do another one.

I was in a sci-fi/space mood yesterday and took a chance on Gravity, knowing full and well that anything with George Clooney will most likely lend itself to some bullsh*t dialogue concerning his appeal to women. I think it was maybe 5 minutes into it when he said something about his good looks or beautiful eyes, which is pretty much half his dialogue in the movie. I knew better, that’s on me. 4 stars. Did a good job at creating tension but that’s the only memorable thing about that movie.

mad trump GIF

Spotlight

Tremendous movie, the kind of flick I really like. It's about the Boston Globe breaking the story of the coverup of systemic abuse of kids by priests in the Catholic church, and it portrays the story in a multi-faceted way. Reminds me of that saying, Evil is allowed to triumph when good people do nothing.
That’s an Edmund Burke quote … goes like this:

IMG_0893.jpeg

Lots of brothers got their peckers in the dirt right about now

Went to see John Wick 4 yesterday.

Man, that movie has some incredible sets, lighting, costumes and cinematography. They really took that "every frame a painting" concept to heart. Also really well made action scenes. It's great to see someone bothered to figure out a lot of choreography instead of resorting to quick cuts or other lazy approaches you see in most action movies these days.

It's a bit too short on plot for the first half and I'd recommend watching the 3rd movie before it (even if you've seen it before) but the second half gets strong John Woo vibes at times.

Went to Scream 75 with one of the boys yesterday. It was better than the last one? Bar is super low at this point; mainly because I am well beyond generic popcorn teenybopper horror. It was gory and there was some good back and forth before an actual reveal. There are only so many ways this franchise can go. It was worth a watch I'd say.
Cool. I was hoping it was decent. At this point, my expectations are low, but I like the franchise and am generally easily entertained.

Big few weeks coming up for me. I enjoy the theater experience and will go see just about anything that has great effects and or blood. LOL
Love going to my favorite theater that has reclining seats with a bucket of popcorn and a coke zero.

Taking my nephew to this one tomorrow

1680872303156.png

This one next Friday...

1680872345633.png

Then the week after that...

1680872508723.png

Big few weeks coming up for me. I enjoy the theater experience and will go see just about anything that has great effects and or blood. LOL
Love going to my favorite theater that has reclining seats with a bucket of popcorn and a coke zero.

Taking my nephew to this one tomorrow

View attachment 6301

This one next Friday...

View attachment 6302

Then the week after that...

View attachment 6304
D&D was pretty damn good! Evil Dead will be interesting I am betting too.

Well I didn't go to the d&d movie because my nephew came down with the Rona. What I did do was watch the new Shazam movie because I'm a sucker for superhero flicks. Totally disappointed. I actually liked the first one too.

Lucy Liu was pretty much the only highlight for me.

Well I didn't go to the d&d movie because my nephew came down with the Rona. What I did do was watch the new Shazam movie because I'm a sucker for superhero flicks. Totally disappointed. I actually liked the first one too.

Lucy Liu was pretty much the only highlight for me.
Hope your nephew is feeling better!

Watched Wick 4 with my sons over the weekend. I am not sure what it is; whether it was the direction or overall vibe...I thought it was great? Donnie Yen was GREAT addition as well as the Mr. Nobody (or whatever his name was). Very pleasing film that didn't seem as long as the runtime suggested?

Hope your nephew is feeling better!

Watched Wick 4 with my sons over the weekend. I am not sure what it is; whether it was the direction or overall vibe...I thought it was great? Donnie Yen was GREAT addition as well as the Mr. Nobody (or whatever his name was). Very pleasing film that didn't seem as long as the runtime suggested?

yeah he will be ok. Barely has sniffles but tested positive so he's home for a week. I want to see Wick 4

Since it ‘twas the season… really very good imo.

(Seeing Pablo Escobar as Yeshua was a little bit of a double take.)

Back