What are we watching now?

Me n the wife went to see John Wick 4 today...

giphy.webp

Any Star Wars fans here?

Of course I’m the generation that only had 4 5 6 to watch so I’m quite damaged by them… watched the originals and the remastered and bonus yada yada… then 1 2 3 came. Watched them once years ago… after that I haven’t paid attention…

Just watched 1 2 3 with the boys, and they want to go through them all..

My question for you experts: should we throw in Solo and Rouge One into it somewhere? Or will that make 4 5 6 less interesting?

I’d totally throw those in there. I’m a big fan of the chronological order, but cutting out Episode 1 because even without it, the storyline still makes sense and you don’t need to see that horrible f*cking “acting”. II and III are only watchable because of the story, the acting certainly had nothing to do with it. :rofl

After finally watching Andor a couple weeks ago, if I were to watch all the movies at this point, I’d probably slip the TV series in between them just to fill up as much of the SW universe as possible.

I’d totally throw those in there. I’m a big fan of the chronological order,
We did, Solo was great, Rogue One totally blew me away… damn that’s a good movie. The kids seem to appreciate all the effects and action stuff.
but cutting out Episode 1 because even without it, the storyline still makes sense and you don’t need to see that horrible f*cking “acting”. II and III are only watchable because of the story, the acting certainly had nothing to do with it. :rofl
I agree, I like 1. but 2 and 3 feels so awkward it’s stupid. But the story is the story. Again… the kids loved watching those through. The story about Anakin becoming Vader and such things.

So last night we watched episode 4. I thought they’d think it sucked because of the vintage vibe…. but they were honestly impressed and loved the whole movie. It was the remastered though… thank god… it looked darn crispy and fresh in 4K from Apple Movies. At least… much better than I remember from the mid 90’s haha.
After finally watching Andor a couple weeks ago, if I were to watch all the movies at this point, I’d probably slip the TV series in between them just to fill up as much of the SW universe as possible.
Didn’t know about that. Where/when does that take place.

We did, Solo was great, Rogue One totally blew me away… damn that’s a good movie. The kids seem to appreciate all the effects and action stuff.

I agree, I like 1. but 2 and 3 feels so awkward it’s stupid. But the story is the story. Again… the kids loved watching those through. The story about Anakin becoming Vader and such things.

So last night we watched episode 4. I thought they’d think it sucked because of the vintage vibe…. but they were honestly impressed and loved the whole movie. It was the remastered though… thank god… it looked darn crispy and fresh in 4K from Apple Movies. At least… much better than I remember from the mid 90’s haha.

Didn’t know about that. Where/when does that take place.

Andor is essentially the prequel to Rogue One, it tells the story of Cassian Andor and how he ended up getting involved in the resistance. I held off on watching it because I was feeling a little burnt on the SW stuff when it came out, but before I started the 3rd season of Mando I banged it out and it’s easily my favorite series Disney has done yet in the SW universe.

Watched Swarm over the weekend. Donald Glover (of Atlanta fame)series on Prime. About an obsessed fan and the lengths she goes to "protect" her idol. The "oh look Gen Z!" setup is weird and had serious potential to send this old man into shutting it off land. The performances were awesome and Donald Glover can craft a WEIRD tale. But couch it in modern day "reality". One quibble is they could have stopped at the next to last episode. But it was still very good.

I got around to watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Somewhere within that decent 3hr movie is a really good 2hr movie. Last half hour really saves it.

I got around to watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Somewhere within that decent 3hr movie is a really good 2hr movie. Last half hour really saves it.
Dude; that last sequence is PERFECTION. Talk about making you jump out of your seat. It is a little long winded but the finale is worth it imo.

Been watching Hunters on Prime; Nazi hunters in 1970’s NYC. It’s well done but now that I’m in the 2nd season things got a little shark-jumpy, still worth the watch. While it says it’s based off true events, that’s a rather liberal interpretation, “Fiction with some nods to real events” would be much more appropriate. :ROFLMAO:

Been watching Hunters on Prime; Nazi hunters in 1970’s NYC. It’s well done but now that I’m in the 2nd season things got a little shark-jumpy, still worth the watch. While it says it’s based off true events, that’s a rather liberal interpretation, “Fiction with some nods to real events” would be much more appropriate. :ROFLMAO:
S2 of this was great!

S2 of this was great!

I’m only on the third episode or so, the shark-jump moment was “I’m you’re great aunt and also in the business of hunting nazis!” bit, certainly not enough reason to stop watching it, just felt cheeky in comparison to the rest of the show.

What's the hype with John Wick? The other day, as I was driving to my office, there were gigantic illuminated ads under the Sky Train columns.

I haven't even seen the first one, because my wife doesn't like violent movies. Is it really worth that I start watching them alone since the first movie?

I've been watching Cunk On Earth on Netflix. It's hilarious! Best enjoyed in one episode at a time rather than binge watching tho.

Hahaha I left it on in my living room while I was a few feet away in my studio recording, it actually worked out great because I probably only caught half of it so I’d get a chuckle in-between takes and now I can watch it again in a couple months and between what I forget and haven’t seen it’ll be like watching it for the first time!

What's the hype with John Wick? The other day, as I was driving to my office, there were gigantic illuminated ads under the Sky Train columns.

I haven't even seen the first one, because my wife doesn't like violent movies. Is it really worth that I start watching them alone since the first movie?
Watch the first movie and stop at that. It's a good stand-alone film.

The sequels are not bad or anything, they just don't really bring much new to it. They do have some great action scenes tho.

Back