What are we watching now?

I just finished season 3 of Barry starring Bill Hader and Fonzi. Hader is great in it but Hank, Fuches, and Mr. Cousineau is what keeps me watching. I guess season 4 is due out soon and will be the final season.

I just finished season 3 of Barry starring Bill Hader and Fonzi. Hader is great in it but Hank, Fuches, and Mr. Cousineau is what keeps me watching. I guess season 4 is due out soon and will be the final season.
I COULD NOT get into this last season. Too much hollywood injoking. Did they move past that?

We really enjoyed Barry - but I think we just watched the first 2 seasons. Guess I’m in for 2 more…

Finished up this season of Last of Us last night. Wayyyyyyyyyyy too much feelings. I need excitement. AKA Too Emotionally Shallow For Last of UsTM

Finished up this season of Last of Us last night. Wayyyyyyyyyyy too much feelings. I need excitement. AKA Too Emotionally Shallow For Last of UsTM
I get that. It didn’t bother me - I did like that it showed the human/emotional side of Joel. But yeah, I could’ve used a bit more zombies and a bit more action. What they had, I thought they did well. And I was pleasantly surprised overall… not expecting much from a video game based series.

I get that. It didn’t bother me - I did like that it showed the human/emotional side of Joel. But yeah, I could’ve used a bit more zombies and a bit more action. What they had, I thought they did well. And I was pleasantly surprised overall… not expecting much from a video game based series.
I liked the first Silent Hill and a few of the Resident Evil adaptations :bag I never played the games so I have no attachment to the original storyline. Just give me 28 Days Later/Dawn of the Dead remake mashup levels of excitement and gore and I am good. This wasn't the story for me.

Anyone take a dive into this new series yet? I think I am going to plunge into these Fleetwood Mac
inspired water this weekend.

I’ve been loving this! It’s really well done; great acting and the sets/time period aspects are really well thought out. Hollywood is getting better at filling musician roles with musicians or training actors to “play” much better.

It’s fun while having a serious undertone the entire time and the music doesn’t suck. IMDrewB gives it an 8.5 because I love sh*t like this.

I’ve been loving this show but the last episode didn’t do it for me. Just seemed far too condensed after an 8-episode lead up just to have it all undone in the span of 10-15 minutes. Seems people who have played the game are digging it but stated they did cut a lot out from the game and I’m guessing that’s the hang up I’m having that game players are not.

I’ve been loving this show but the last episode didn’t do it for me. Just seemed far too condensed after an 8-episode lead up just to have it all undone in the span of 10-15 minutes. Seems people who have played the game are digging it but stated they did cut a lot out from the game and I’m guessing that’s the hang up I’m having that game players are not.
I've spent an entire season wondering why I am still watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Well done but I don't watch horror for drama. I know; insert all the "it's not actually horror it's a study of human nature and the lengths of desperation we'll go when everything is taken away from us"wtfever-isms. I'm good where they left it and can hopefully hold off from continuing on in S2 :hmm

I liked the first Silent Hill and a few of the Resident Evil adaptations :bag I never played the games so I have no attachment to the original storyline. Just give me 28 Days Later/Dawn of the Dead remake mashup levels of excitement and gore and I am good. This wasn't the story for me.
I’m with you on the 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead! We need more!

I’ve been loving this! It’s really well done; great acting and the sets/time period aspects are really well thought out. Hollywood is getting better at filling musician roles with musicians or training actors to “play” much better.

It’s fun while having a serious undertone the entire time and the music doesn’t suck. IMDrewB gives it an 8.5 because I love sh*t like this.
That’s on my list - coming up soon.

It was an incredibly well made series but I think it could have used a few more episodes, it goes to the finale way too quickly which ends up diminishing its impact. At least one more episode before the last one would have done good.

At least for the 2nd game they have promised it will be more than one season, which is pretty essential with more main characters with mostly separate storylines.

Overall I think they hit most of the game's major story beats perfectly and all the casting choices were excellent. I loved what they did with the 3rd episode considering in the game it's largely just hinted.

Watched a bunch of Netflix stuff this weekend

Mardaugh Murders
MH370: The Plane That Disappeared
Volcano: Rescue on Whakarri

All were good.

The volcano one is wild, talk about shitty timing. I empathize with them, but when the couple said “If we had known the risks, we wouldn’t have gone”.

Ummm you were on a volcano….

It was an incredibly well made series but I think it could have used a few more episodes, it goes to the finale way too quickly which ends up diminishing its impact. At least one more episode before the last one would have done good.

At least for the 2nd game they have promised it will be more than one season, which is pretty essential with more main characters with mostly separate storylines.

Overall I think they hit most of the game's major story beats perfectly and all the casting choices were excellent. I loved what they did with the 3rd episode considering in the game it's largely just hinted.

I haven't made it through the game yet, I always quit pretty early on because I'm not a fan of zombie stuff, but I think after watching I'll load it back up and give it a go again as I know this is one of the greatest games of all time. So far, everyone who has been watching and played the game has said the exact same thing in regards to staying true to the story and picking the right actors.

Without playing the game I recognized the foliage and city vibe earlier on in the season and on the last episode. That was cool.

Back