What are we watching now?

I agree season 2 goes off the rails the 1st 2 episodes. It gets back on track quick and in a good way.

I finished it tonight. Probably got me with the Old Man Dad Tears a few times. :LOL:

Started Poker Face on Peacock. Natasha Lyone does her best :columboimpression. It's really good. @mbenigni take note!
So I'm about 15 minutes into E1 when she blurts out (in that hilarious accent of hers), "The cloud... the cloud of boners." :rofl

Considering you recommended here, and considering all that's been said about "the cloud" visa vis NDSP here, I nearly fell off my treadmill.

We got up to date on it. The last episode features a fictional "heavy metal" band ("Now with Punk! And Alt+Dad+Rock vibes!". I normally LOATHE that kind of thing as it's always written by people with zero clue but they actually did really good with it. I enjoy it quite a bit. Her Columbo vibes are STRONG and that makes it even better, imo.

We got up to date on it. The last episode features a fictional "heavy metal" band ("Now with Punk! And Alt+Dad+Rock vibes!". I normally LOATHE that kind of thing as it's always written by people with zero clue...
This really gets on my nerves sometimes, too. Either everything is super boilerplate obvious, or it's just plain wrong. (Or both.) Last year I watched "The Sound of Metal" after hearing some coverage about it on NPR, and it made me crazy that they kept saying it was a show about a drummer in a metal band. It's clearly depicted as some kind of punk/ art rock thing. (In fairness, the show's title is a bit of a red herring LOL.)

This really gets on my nerves sometimes, too. Either everything is super boilerplate obvious, or it's just plain wrong. (Or both.) Last year I watched "The Sound of Metal" after hearing some coverage about it on NPR, and it made me crazy that they kept saying it was a show about a drummer in a metal band. It's clearly depicted as some kind of punk/ art rock thing. (In fairness, the show's title is a bit of a red herring LOL.)
I don't like really ANY film that takes on the subject. Generally speaking. Just already like shooting fish in a barrel let alone adding some dimwit who doesn't know anything about the genre to the writing staff and making it a cringe fest. This was similar but the performances and the comedy beyond the "metal" aspect (and lack of anything approaching realism/troo :satan ) kept it enjoyable.

I don't like really ANY film that takes on the subject. Generally speaking. Just already like shooting fish in a barrel let alone adding some dimwit who doesn't know anything about the genre to the writing staff and making it a cringe fest. This was similar but the performances and the comedy beyond the "metal" aspect (and lack of anything approaching realism/troo :satan ) kept it enjoyable.
"SNOW BUSINESS!"

Watching some YT police interrogations with criminals who think they're so much smarter than the detectives. Most of these people at the very least are pretty damn sick, or at the worst some of the most vile human beings ever!

This one guy burned down his barn to collect insurance money on an infertile horse, burned down his house that killed his wife and daughter, then pushed a jacked up truck over on his son, to collect insurance money. WTF is wrong with people??

Someone in the comments said a fire investigator claims one fire in a lifetime is a tragic accident; two is insurance fraud. This guy had THREE (also a car fire.) Oh, and he was formerly a volunteer fireman. Fucking serial arsonist and insurance fraudster (yet never previously investigated until they got him talking about his son's murder.)

Absolute narcissistic POS!! MF'er had policies on his wives, kids, and even his grandkids, yet get this- none on himself. The main reason of LI being to ease the burden on your family should you die, not to be able to kill a family member when your money runs out. Un freaking believable!

Idk..., something about being able to witness the demented side of human behavior intrigues me. (I've watched a few of these.)

We got up to date on it. The last episode features a fictional "heavy metal" band ("Now with Punk! And Alt+Dad+Rock vibes!". I normally LOATHE that kind of thing as it's always written by people with zero clue but they actually did really good with it. I enjoy it quite a bit. Her Columbo vibes are STRONG and that makes it even better, imo.

I loved it when she said "You're fսck'n' talc!". And I felt satisfaction when she punched that fk'ing demon in the face. She rules! :banana

Talc Mg3(Si4O10)(OH)2 is technically a metal; an earth metal oxide. But it is the softest known metal on earth. The worst possible insult for a Heavy Metal Band.

BTW: that unfortunate drummer really is the epitome of drummers. The personification of all drummer's jokes and memes. :rofl
:rimshot

Last edited:
I loved it when she said "You're fսck'n' talc!". And I felt satisfaction when she punched that fk'ing demon in the face. She rules! :banana

Talc Mg3(Si4O10)(OH)2 is technically a metal; and earth metal oxide. But it is the softest known metal on earth. The worst possible insult for a Heavy Metal Band.

BTW: that unfortunate drummer really is the epitome of drummers. The personification of all drummer's jokes and memes. :rofl
:rimshot
Yeah great show. The throwback to old school Columbo/Quincy/network TV mystery of the week is oddly enjoyable.

I've been keeping up with The Last of Us on HBO. Played and loved bother part 1 and 2 of the video games. I think the show so far has done it justice for the most part
It's good but I still find myself struggling to differentiate it from the Walking Dead and the "let's make everything a drama and drag it out" vibe. I'll take Zack Snyder Dawn of the Dead remake 10/10 over that type of approach.

Started 1923. Um; about tired of trying to keep track of how these people are related to Kevin Costner and Tim McGraw :rofl Harrison Ford is always so old and gd grumpy :hmm

It's good but I still find myself struggling to differentiate it from the Walking Dead and the "let's make everything a drama and drag it out" vibe. I'll take Zack Snyder Dawn of the Dead remake 10/10 over that type of approach.
I prefer it more than the WD because I know it has an ending and one that won't stretch on to infinity and beyond with 6 side series lol

Back