What are we watching now?

I haven't made it through the game yet, I always quit pretty early on because I'm not a fan of zombie stuff, but I think after watching I'll load it back up and give it a go again as I know this is one of the greatest games of all time. So far, everyone who has been watching and played the game has said the exact same thing in regards to staying true to the story and picking the right actors.
The 2nd game is honestly a lot better and I'm excited to see how they will tell its story.

I wouldn't put Last of Us games in my "best games of all time" list by any measure as they are in that "linear, well done interactive movie" type experience like other Naughty Dog games - fun to go through once but not necessarily the most compelling in terms of gameplay.

The 2nd game is honestly a lot better and I'm excited to see how they will tell its story.

I wouldn't put Last of Us games in my "best games of all time" list by any measure as they are in that "linear, well done interactive movie" type experience like other Naughty Dog games - fun to go through once but not necessarily the most compelling in terms of gameplay.

I’m just going off what everyone is saying about the game, I haven’t gotten further than a couple hours into it yet. :rofl

I’m just going off what everyone is saying about the game, I haven’t gotten further than a couple hours into it yet. :rofl

I thought about grabbing the game but...so this is one of those cartoonish games like the Walking Dead ones where you just kinda pick one thing to do as you go?

I thought about grabbing the game but...so this is one of those cartoonish games like the Walking Dead ones where you just kinda pick one thing to do as you go?

I never played TWD games, but from all I can tell it’s quite the linear game that follows the story line without a bunch of side missions or other things to do, you just have the main goal of getting Ellie to the destination. From what I remember, I just picked up Ellie? It’s been a little while and this is my 2nd time giving it a shot. I have a hard time adjusting to anything that’s not 1st/3rd person and the mechanics screw me up a bit, especially when a zombie is running at me….which is inevitably why I’ve lost interest each time.

I’ve been loving this! It’s really well done; great acting and the sets/time period aspects are really well thought out. Hollywood is getting better at filling musician roles with musicians or training actors to “play” much better.

It’s fun while having a serious undertone the entire time and the music doesn’t suck. IMDrewB gives it an 8.5 because I love sh*t like this.

Def watching now. :beer

Def watching now. :beer

Anxious to hear your thoughts. Sometimes my enjoyment of “OH! It’s about musicians!” gets me overly happy. Almost Famous might be my favorite movie of all time and Crowe did an outstanding job with that movie, but Daisy‘s production value is pretty high up there and jumps into some more interpersonal stuff with the band dynamics in a more serious way.

Any Star Wars fans here?

Of course I’m the generation that only had 4 5 6 to watch so I’m quite damaged by them… watched the originals and the remastered and bonus yada yada… then 1 2 3 came. Watched them once years ago… after that I haven’t paid attention…

Just watched 1 2 3 with the boys, and they want to go through them all..

My question for you experts: should we throw in Solo and Rouge One into it somewhere? Or will that make 4 5 6 less interesting?

Any Star Wars fans here?

Of course I’m the generation that only had 4 5 6 to watch so I’m quite damaged by them… watched the originals and the remastered and bonus yada yada… then 1 2 3 came. Watched them once years ago… after that I haven’t paid attention…

Just watched 1 2 3 with the boys, and they want to go through them all..

My question for you experts: should we throw in Solo and Rouge One into it somewhere? Or will that make 4 5 6 less interesting?

Solo caught a bit of flak when it was released so I didn't watch it when it came out. I watched it years later after all the "true fan" controversy or whatever it was was long gone, and loved it on its own terms. It was just straight up entertaining.

Last edited:
Watched Cocaine Bear last night. CGI af obviously;but actually pretty damn funny. Pleasantly surprised.

Does Sean Bean get killed in that series? 😂
Ice Hockey GIF

Back