What are we watching now?

I prefer it more than the WD because I know it has an ending and one that won't stretch on to infinity and beyond with 6 side series lol
I started watching a BBC mini-series the other day with David whatshisface. The actor who played the Governor. It got a little clunky in his time but I think it was still generally really good then. The trough episode for me was the highlight :chef :satan :chef

It's good but I still find myself struggling to differentiate it from the Walking Dead and the "let's make everything a drama and drag it out" vibe. I'll take Zack Snyder Dawn of the Dead remake 10/10 over that type of approach.
I was struggling through the first two episodes because I was worried it was too much like just sitting down and playing the game (which I've already done. And which I didn't always "enjoy" per se.) The scene in E2 where Tess gets bit is SO true to the original look and gameplay... I think I recognized some of the furniture. At moments like these, it's almost weird not having a controller in your hands.

But E3 turned me around. Nick Offerman was a brilliant casting decision, and everything about that setting and sub-plot was just so well-executed. A nice breather from, "People barely survive in a zombie apocalypse wasteland. Some more."

I was struggling through the first two episodes because I was worried it was too much like just sitting down and playing the game (which I've already done. And which I didn't always "enjoy" per se.) The scene in E2 where Tess gets bit is SO true to the original look and gameplay... I think I recognized some of the furniture. At moments like these, it's almost weird not having a controller in your hands.

But E3 turned me around. Nick Offerman was a brilliant casting decision, and everything about that setting and sub-plot was just so well-executed. A nice breather from, "People barely survive in a zombie apocalypse wasteland. Some more."
I think it's all been done well. I am still just not sure I need to watch it?

Yeah great show. The throwback to old school Columbo/Quincy/network TV mystery of the week is oddly enjoyable.
I really enjoyed the first two, maybe three, episodes, and then the repetitive formula started to get to me. The first episode seemed like a brilliant way to set up the whole life on the road pre-requisite, which then gives the producers an opportunity to film in various off-beat locations. But Charlie starts finding "off-the-grid" gigs in improbably mainstream locales, and the whole thing gets even hokier than it already seemed like it was intended to be. This is before we get into the fact that she runs into an absurdly complex murder literally every other day of her life. :unsure:

The overall production is interesting, though. Who would think to intentionally throw back to mid-to-low budget 80's credits, etc., given all the cheap technology available today? When I first started watching, I assumed it was a really old show. Then I remembered you saying you were "caught up" LOL.

I really enjoyed the first two, maybe three, episodes, and then the repetitive formula started to get to me. The first episode seemed like a brilliant way to set up the whole life on the road pre-requisite, which then gives the producers an opportunity to film in various off-beat locations. But "Charlie" starts finding off-the-grid gigs in improbably mainstream locales, and the whole thing gets even hokier than it already seemed like it was intended to be. This is before we get into the fact that she runs into an absurdly complex murder literally every other of her life. :unsure:

The overall production is interesting, though. Who would think to intentionally throw back to mid-to-low budget 80's credits, etc., given all the cheap technology available today? When I first started watching, I assumed it was a really old show. Then I remembered you saying you were "caught up" LOL.
She is rather unlucky :rofl

I think it's all been done well. I am still just not sure I need to watch it?
I was feeling the same way until last night. Of course, everybody I briefly cared about is dead, so now what?

thats-dark-dark.gif

I was feeling the same way until last night. Of course, everybody I briefly cared about is dead, so now what?

thats-dark-dark.gif
I was glad to see melanie lynsky's character die . Her irritating character trying to be Bobbi Badass was groan inducing :wat

She is rather unlucky :rofl
And also ridiculously lucky. That scene where she started tasting various smoke wood chips and listening to piccolos, etc. was the series' shark-jumping/ "FOR TREADMILL USE ONLY" moment. (It came earlier than expected LOL.)

Best moment was when she first gets shot at in E1 and she just blurts out, "WHAT?!" Somehow that seemed like exactly the right response under the circumstances. Like, it was in my head before she even said it. :D

Wu-Tang series is back on Hulu. Last season, if I read correctly? Cool seeing the story continue. Last night's ODB album origin story was a trippy flashback and pretty nuts. Dig it \m/

Watched latest Jim Jeffries special on NF over the weekend. Absolutely hilarious.

I’m loving The Last Of Us. I don’t think it was until Ep 3 that I realized the dude is from the Mandolorian. :rofl

I just started watching The Consultant on Prime. It’s a mindf*cker, for sure. It doesn’t leave you completely in the dark, but I’m 5 episodes in and am still saying “What the fuuuuuuuccckkk?” every 10-15 minutes. You’d think 5 episodes in I could give a better description than “a sociopath consultant steps in to run a business when someone dies but it’s all f*cked up”, but that’s all I got for now. :ROFLMAO:

I’m loving The Last Of Us. I don’t think it was until Ep 3 that I realized the dude is from the Mandolorian. :rofl

I just started watching The Consultant on Prime. It’s a mindf*cker, for sure. It doesn’t leave you completely in the dark, but I’m 5 episodes in and am still saying “What the fuuuuuuuccckkk?” every 10-15 minutes. You’d think 5 episodes in I could give a better description than “a sociopath consultant steps in to run a business when someone dies but it’s all f*cked up”, but that’s all I got for now. :ROFLMAO:
I want to watch this. Christoph Walz is :chef

I want to watch this. Christoph Walz is :chef

I just finished it…..not sure wtf I’m supposed to make of it. There’s usually a brief few moments after I finish watching something more cerebral, when I don’t get it right away, where I ask myself if I’m just too dim to get it or they just failed at the execution. I‘m in that spot right now and am leaning towards the latter more than the former. I just don’t know WTF anyone is supposed to make of the ending, or what the moral of the story was….if there even was one.

Stolen Youth: Inside The Cult At Sarah Lawrence

HOLY F*CKING SH*T.

I’ve read a lot of books about all the big cults, watched all the YouTube vids, I’m fascinated by cult leaders, or more the psychological aspects of one person who is ALWAYS the complete opposite of what they’re selling managing to sway people’s minds so heavily they will put their life on the line for them, or end it. I devour that stuff whenever it‘s in front of me, so I figured I’d heard it all at this point.

Nope.

It all starts with a raised eyebrow, like “Really? That’s kinda odd….” then within about 20 minutes you’re just on this elevator in a building where every floor is a different scenario of WTF*ckingF?!?!? and it doesn’t end. My brain actually feels tired after watching all 3 episodes. The dude documented all the sh*t he was doing, so you’re seeing it actually happen. It gets gut wrenching at some points, like I’m seeing a best friend or loved one in that situation and I want to help, but fortunately has a mostly good ending. Kinda. There is no real “ending” for those people, they’re going to spend the rest of their lives unf*cking theirselves.

That was one thing I noticed in my 20s and 30s when I was visiting a few spiritual/intentional communities. The
creeptastic nature of a lot of those places. A few I visited have had actual crises and outed the offending "leaders"
since then. Shocking.

It's kind of crazy, to think that people have the highest of ideals, and yet it amounts to just another power trip
surrounding sex, money, and authourity. I ended up joking later in life that I would trust a Rock Star more than
a Guru, because one is authentic and the other isn't. :facepalm

You know the Rock Star wants to fuck you, and he isn't going to give you no BS about his semen being enlightened
or healing your sexual trauma. :LOL:

Anyone take a dive into this new series yet? I think I am going to plunge into these Fleetwood Mac
inspired water this weekend.

I wondered about this one. I am very hot and cold (SO SURPRISING!) on things like this. It could be really good or it could be terrible.

Winding down on Friday Night Dinners for the 3rd time. Masterpiece of a simple sitcom. Perfect performances all around.

Finished up Poker Face. Great wrap up. If they keep going; that would work. But also tied up enough that they could let it be done and I'd be satisfied? Mayor of Kingstown still rolling. Excellent, other than the sidetrack with Milo and the chick Mike should not be wasting a single breath on :wat Started S1 of Perry Mason and it's not too bad? Though there is a religious fanatic side story that immediately has me regretting the decision to watch :oops:

Went to Scream 75 with one of the boys yesterday. It was better than the last one? Bar is super low at this point; mainly because I am well beyond generic popcorn teenybopper horror. It was gory and there was some good back and forth before an actual reveal. There are only so many ways this franchise can go. It was worth a watch I'd say.

Back