What are we watching now?

I'm a few episodes into Archive 81 on netflix. Loving it!

"An archivist takes a job restoring damaged videotapes, but finds themselves getting pulled into a mystery involving the missing director and a mysterious cult that they were documenting."

Last edited:
Murderville!

We were introduced to the Murderville series when I saw the Christmas special advertised on Netflix starting Will Arnett, with guests Jason Bateman and Maya Rudolph. (Also with Sean Hayes in it). Too funny! The premise is that each episode they have a guest celebrity (or two) on the show to “solve a murder” and the celebrity improvises the whole thing.

After watching the 50 minute Christmas special, we started watching the series (each episode is 34-ish minutes). Really hilarious to see Will making the celebrity’s do crazy/silly stuff. Highly recommend for some lighthearted laughs or as a palette cleanser after other heavy shows. :)

(Also -if you like Podcasts - I enjoy Smartless - by Will, Jason, and Sean).

Answer without thinking:

Rings of Power or House of The Dragon?
Matt Smith Wow GIF by Game of Thrones

Just finished Rings of Power SE1 and Jack Ryan SE3. ROP I can't wait for season 2. Jack Ryan? Starting to wear thin on me but I will watch a season 4 if there is one.
Answer without thinking:

Rings of Power or House of The Dragon?

Havent watched HOTD but if it's like GOT my answer is Rings of Power.

So 5 episodes in on HOTD. Besides some sketchy for me casting choices; we are enjoying it quite a bit. I didn't like all of GOT certainly but we did enjoy most of it. So far so good on this. I haven't read any of the books so no real need to adhere to the source material. Just be entertaining.

As far as ROP; I LOVED the first trilogy but the last round of Hobbit films was not good at all, imo. We'll give the show a go nonetheless.

Documentary, Midway, Imperial Japanese Navy, the Yamato, Isoroku Yamamoto, Cuichi Nagumo

Finished up HOTD. Epic pretty much throughout with an ending that leans in HARD to another season. Very good.

Watched The Rehearsal on HBO. Odd show with Nathan Fielder where he works with people to anticipate all possibilities in a given difficult situation they have happening IRL. Um; super super weird. Started off good but then latched onto a singular story that got awkward, then bizarre then unsurprisingly sad. Not a recommendation in the slightest.

Lying in bed with the wife, watching honeymooners and gonna be stepping out for my last fat guy meal of the year: Chinese food. And a shit ton of it, too.

Watched The Menu last night on HBO. Been waiting on this one for a bit. Ralph Fiennes runs a restaurant on an island and some shady stuff is happening on this singular night. I knew it was a thriller to some degree but really didn't know the plot beyond the foodie aspect of it. Enjoyed it tremendously!

A ton of horror movies during my time off over the holidays. They've all been dogshit. A few Ti West ones were ok? I guess? the bar is so low I don't even know whats actually good anymore
I didn't like 'X' at all. The second one in that series ('Pearl'?) doesn't appeal to me either.

I didn't like 'X' at all. The second one in that series ('Pearl'?) doesn't appeal to me either.

I appreciate the general vibe/cinematography he seems to go for but yeah overall kind of fell flat at the end of the day

I have "Lamb" queued up to watch, I sort of have (moderate) hopes for that one but I need to be in the right headspace to watch a foreign language film

Back