What are we watching now?

I don’t really think she’s “hot” hot… not like a Mila Kunis or something. But she’s got something about her that is just intriguing. I love her super dry / weird sense of humor as a person, and she’s a great actress and plays fun characters…

That woman makes me weak in the knees and that’s just seeing her on screen, I’d probably legit fall over if I saw her in person. I suppose I’m one of those people that once I know someone’s personality, it ends up playing a big part of how I see their physical beauty, I dunno, I’m in love with that woman, everything about her. I love Mila, too, but if I had the option to go on a date with either, I’d go with Aubrey. I saw a video yesterday of her reading thirsty tweets, her last comment as the video was ending had my eyes bulging out of my head, she’s perfect.

Started The Watcher. Oddly enough; I read the NYT(?) article on this a few years back. I didn't realize that this was based on that story. We are about 3 episodes in and it's good. The real story was creepy but there was no resolve ever as far as I remember. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Started The Watcher. Oddly enough; I read the NYT(?) article on this a few years back. I didn't realize that this was based on that story. We are about 3 episodes in and it's good. The real story was creepy but there was no resolve ever as far as I remember. It will be interesting to see what transpires.
Just finished and both the wife and I liked it. Moving to the White Lotus next.

Cool. We watched it and thought it was decent/okay. The first few episodes were better than the last half in my opinion. It just kind of got a little cheesy. But still worth finishing. I didn’t care for the ending (which they clearly had to make up). Will be interesting to see what you think…

Just finished and both the wife and I liked it. Moving to the White Lotus next.
Cool - I liked both seasons of The White Lotus. The first one was strange and more of a voyeur experience, but still interesting. I think I liked the second one even better. But loved Aubrey Plaza in both. 😁

Cool - I liked both seasons of The White Lotus. The first one was strange and more of a voyeur experience, but still interesting. I think I liked the second one even better. But loved Aubrey Plaza in both. 😁
This is relative to my interests..

What are you watching now @mbenigni ?
I'm watching another thread I can't tell apart from this one. ;)

No, seriously... Nothing at the moment. I bounced off that "Devil in Ohio" crap last week and haven't watched much of anything since. Last time I was on the treadmill it was yet another true crime documentary (I don't know why I'm so drawn to these; should I be concerned?) about girls being abducted in TX, called "The Killing Fields" or something like that.

And of course I get my RDA of mind-numbing dad TV: Once Upon a Time and, over the weekend, Disenchanted. (The latter had the merciful effect of putting me directly to sleep LOL.)

P.S. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to confess that I actually liked the original Enchanted - but some things simply do not require a sequel. (See also: A Christmas Story.) Every time I did wake up during Disenchanted, I'd hear the worst song I'd ever heard in my life. Inclusive of the last time I'd woken up.

P.S. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to confess that I actually liked the original Enchanted - but some things simply do not require a sequel. (See also: A Christmas Story.) Every time I did wake up during Disenchanted, I'd hear the worst song I'd ever heard in my life. Inclusive of the last time I'd woken up.
The Christmas Story sequel looks terrible. Not even just the plot but it looks like a bad Lifetime movie.

My kids want to start Wednesday tonight. Sorta outside their normal lane of Is It Cake or Dude Perfect, so ill go along for the ride for an episode. (Doesn’t exactly look like a kid show either :idk )

The Christmas Story sequel looks terrible. Not even just the plot but it looks like a bad Lifetime movie.
It tries really hard to deliver on the whole "fan service" thing. Which just amounts to, "Our casting director somehow managed to turn up the phone numbers of all these people who no longer have careers."

As you know, I love 20th century period pieces, and I should have been an easy mark for the whole '70s nostalgia trip. But the movie can't tell whether it wants to be funny or important, and is therefore neither.

Listening to adult Ralphie and his borderline lisp for an hour and a half doesn't really seem like a idea of a good time either.

I don’t see how that could possibly be good, but I suppose out of respect for the original I should give it a go for 10 minutes.
That's exactly what I figured until I saw the sequel.

Now I think, out of respect for the original, no one should see the sequel.

That's exactly what I figured until I saw the sequel.

Now I think, out of respect for the original, no one should see the sequel.
It's especially painful to watch with your 11 year old kid, who you know is a) trying to develop a sense of humor of her own, and b) trying to eke some measure of "Christmas cheer" out of the proceedings. While the movie spins a "plot" about the "greatest old man ever" being dead, and is also - oh by the way and surprise - not really all that funny.

I'm watching another thread I can't tell apart from this one. ;)

And of course I get my RDA of mind-numbing dad TV: Once Upon a Time and, over the weekend, Disenchanted. (The latter had the merciful effect of putting me directly to sleep LOL.)

Haha! I see The Willow reboot in your future. :LOL:

Back