What are we watching now?

Finished up the Watcher. Probably 1 episode too long if you want things tied up in a nice bow. Yet the last episode made it more confusing in a good way (if that's even possible). I'm proud of Ryan Murphy actually doing a show that isn't 100% shock value and doing something a little more subtle. Good stuff.

Finished up the Watcher. Probably 1 episode too long if you want things tied up in a nice bow. Yet the last episode made it more confusing in a good way (if that's even possible). I'm proud of Ryan Murphy actually doing a show that isn't 100% shock value and doing something a little more subtle. Good stuff.

Yeah, we really liked it. I thought the last episode exists to keep story possibilities open for a second season.

I finished Ring Of Power last night, banged most of it out all day Sunday. I actually really liked it!

Hahahaha it wasn’t until about 20-30 minutes into the final episode when it dawned on me what they were making, “Oh, duh, f*cking RINGS you idiot, ya know, what the whole damn story is about?!” The whole time I kept wondering “What are they trying to make with this ore?” :rofl

Though I was a bit confused until the song started playing during the end credits. “3 rings? I thought there were 7? Wait…oh that’s right, 3 for them, 7 for them, 9 for those guys….ohhhhhh so they can have a bunch of episodes of this as they distribute the rings to other races….I think I get it now” It’s been so long since I’ve seen the movies I completely forgot who got what for rings.

Still have a couple episodes of Wednesday left, not sure why I stopped watching it, that tends to happen if I have an episode playing in the background, the second I drift from it and lose a plot piece I have a hard time getting back into it.

Imdb shows a second season. Not sure if it's necessary or what they'll do with it?

It will suck I’d imagine. After reading about the real story that was the basis for the show it was obvious what worked in the show was loosely tied to the real story.

I’d guess without a real blueprint for season 2 it will fall apart, unless they are willing to ignore the real story/1st season and go all-in on a new storyline surrounding the house/neighbors.

It will suck I’d imagine. After reading about the real story that was the basis for the show it was obvious what worked in the show was loosely tied to the real story.

I’d guess without a real blueprint for season 2 it will fall apart, unless they are willing to ignore the real story/1st season and go all-in on a new storyline surrounding the house/neighbors.
The real story was creepy. I had forgotten about it until I started watching the show. Great set up for something cool and they did good with it. Mia Farrow is probably one of the most annoying characters I have seen in anything as of late :wat

Haha! I see The Willow reboot in your future. :LOL:

It's amazing what they can do with CGI these days..

277176015_419247429875192_3048185677981728890_n.jpg

I finished Ring Of Power last night, banged most of it out all day Sunday. I actually really liked it!

Hahahaha it wasn’t until about 20-30 minutes into the final episode when it dawned on me what they were making, “Oh, duh, f*cking RINGS you idiot, ya know, what the whole damn story is about?!” The whole time I kept wondering “What are they trying to make with this ore?” :rofl

Though I was a bit confused until the song started playing during the end credits. “3 rings? I thought there were 7? Wait…oh that’s right, 3 for them, 7 for them, 9 for those guys….ohhhhhh so they can have a bunch of episodes of this as they distribute the rings to other races….I think I get it now” It’s been so long since I’ve seen the movies I completely forgot who got what for rings.

Still have a couple episodes of Wednesday left, not sure why I stopped watching it, that tends to happen if I have an episode playing in the background, the second I drift from it and lose a plot piece I have a hard time getting back into it.

Same. :LOL: The farther it went along the more I enjoyed it. Felt like the writers and crew
maybe picked up some momentum as they went along and the show sort of revealed that.

I may have to watch it again, because the first couple of episodes I semi snoozed through.

Same. :LOL: The farther it went along the more I enjoyed it. Felt like the writers and crew
maybe picked up some momentum as they went along and the show sort of revealed that.

I may have to watch it again, because the first couple of episodes I semi snoozed through.

Oh I definitely had a few segments I missed, I think I caught enough of the first few episodes that I’m good there, it’s the last 4 that I started dozing off or pausing episodes.

Totally agreed about the writing, though. One thing I LOVE about the movies is how they managed to get the scale of everything represented fairly well, the open landscapes with the mountain ranges, the thousands of orcs marching, the castles, etc. They did a pretty good job with that in the show, not as much, but good enough to feel like a LOTR show.

I have the hardest time keeping up with all the characters, especially if their names are similar. ”Wait….Izidiel isn’t with Lamaziel? Wait, who is Harditel? Is that the name of the city or a person?” :rofl

Oh I definitely had a few segments I missed, I think I caught enough of the first few episodes that I’m good there, it’s the last 4 that I started dozing off or pausing episodes.

Totally agreed about the writing, though. One thing I LOVE about the movies is how they managed to get the scale of everything represented fairly well, the open landscapes with the mountain ranges, the thousands of orcs marching, the castles, etc. They did a pretty good job with that in the show, not as much, but good enough to feel like a LOTR show.

I have the hardest time keeping up with all the characters, especially if their names are similar. ”Wait….Izidiel isn’t with Lamaziel? Wait, who is Harditel? Is that the name of the city or a person?” :rofl

Yup. The scenery and CGI integration is epic. I could watch that shit with no dialogue or storylines! :)

And yeah, the various threads and characters if left to me would have been a knotted ball. I am assuming
it was all setting the stage for a few more seasons, and that is cool by me. Who doesn't want to see the
epic battle play out between dark and light, good and evil.

Brittania is a cool one in a similar vein. Maybe better because it has vulgar language and some butt-fucking!! :banana

I forced myself to soldier on with it after the first few episodes. Really wasn’t enjoying it, nor did it feel like the writers has actually read and paid attention to Tolkien. Towards the end it became interesting thankfully, hoping for a better season 2…

D

I wasn’t sure I was gonna stick with it when I started, but it kinda sucked me in. I liked it.

D

Binged all but the last episode of White Lotus S2 yesterday. Beautiful scenery and twisty wtf is going to happen on the last episode nuttiness. And Ned Schneeblie is apparently a horny mufukka :rofl

Also, RE: White Lotus; am the only one shouting out Imperioli as Christopher lines to Tony when they are on some weird trip in this show?
75b1hm.jpg

Back